Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Mirrowka
  • 1 Post By Spartan117

Thread: This game needs to decrease downtime

Arrow This game needs to decrease downtime

(I didn't put this as a suggestion as I don't know how to "fix" it.)

Downtime
    in a game is the time we are not actively playing it. (idle)
    The downtime of this game is between fixtures, which could vary in time.

The two "major" things that decrease downtime in the game is transfers (when we are actively bidding for players), and training (training the players in squad).

These two things don't really add up to the hours of waiting for the next match.
    For me, I don't bid for that much players in this time of the season, so I only play about 15-30 minutes of the game each day.

This is an issue for me, as it could lead to frustration as you could wait to basically lose and get trolled. I lose interest as this game is in a stand-still, and doesn't improve, even with the suggestions the team has "passed on" to the developers.

Also adds up with all the things that make the game look bad. I don't want that.
    I want something that I could spend hours on, and get immersed into it. Not something that I have to check on each day and feed it, only for it to die.

But the problem is what would that thing be? Is it even possible?

That is why I'm sharing this to hear your ideas about this. Does it even bother you?
    Season 16 | Guardian FC
    Level 11

League Titles: x4 [2, 4, 5, 15]
    Champion's League Titles: None
    Runner's Up: None
    Third Place: x1 [3]
    Cups: x1 [15]
    Runner's Up: x2 [2, 6]
    Third Place: x1 [14, 12]

Triple Crown: None

You could have the training in real time, but that would be boring.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anquilis View Post
    (I didn't put this as a suggestion as I don't know how to "fix" it.)

Downtime
    in a game is the time we are not actively playing it. (idle)
    The downtime of this game is between fixtures, which could vary in time.

The two "major" things that decrease downtime in the game is transfers (when we are actively bidding for players), and training (training the players in squad).

These two things don't really add up to the hours of waiting for the next match.
    For me, I don't bid for that much players in this time of the season, so I only play about 15-30 minutes of the game each day.

This is an issue for me, as it could lead to frustration as you could wait to basically lose and get trolled. I lose interest as this game is in a stand-still, and doesn't improve, even with the suggestions the team has "passed on" to the developers.

Also adds up with all the things that make the game look bad. I don't want that.
    I want something that I could spend hours on, and get immersed into it. Not something that I have to check on each day and feed it, only for it to die.

But the problem is what would that thing be? Is it even possible?

That is why I'm sharing this to hear your ideas about this. Does it even bother you?
    Mate,

you see, I am on the other side with this. Basically I wouldnt like to have more than 2 games a day, even 4 days during weekend is too much for me to be honest. I am busy at work and honestly I cant spend more than 30 minutes for this game. Before I used to play football manager series and I love it, I just dont have a time for it so this game suits me perfectly. Try FM series, you might like it, its a good detailed game
    KenoticFC and Anquilis like this.

Pro
    2 games a day is perfect it gives you enough time to prepare and study ur opponent. For those of us who have more than one team, playing over 8 games a day every weekend isn't fun. So if you're getting bored startup another team, u can manage 5 teams that's 10 games everyday to reduce 'downtime'
    KenoticFC likes this.

I agree with the comments before sometimes you just get caught in the rush of the day and even when you have free time the game can be in a bad time.
    The solution would be an optional mini tournament. Let's say 4 teams pay 5 tokens to participate and the winner wins all of them.

Famous
    I suggested DIY tournaments so long ago. It is very social, allows us to engage when we want with players we know, or public tournaments. But to speed the game up instead we have our 3 minute auctions and the super cup Nivea round.

You could always play a more indepth at-your-own-pace football sim. Because all managers are(mostly) human, there has to be downtime. Play friendlies against your association members for fun and experimentation if you are really desperate.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

current downtime of this game is OK for me