Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos

Thread: Help for a new player!

Help for a new player!

Hey Everyone,

Total noob here that needed some advice.
    Basically I've kinda smoked my league and should promote in about 10 days.

So here goes with my questions:

1. Should I sell my entire team before I promote since they will all lose a star?

2. Does price and demand of 18 year olds go down substantially at the end of the season? Basically how does the end of season age update impact transfer market?

3. I have about seven 18 year olds that are somewhat decent trainees (not fast trainers). Should I keep them or will it make more sense to just sell them asap and buy more next season?

I'm sure these questions keep getting asked, but I couldn't find answers on the forums so please help if you can.

You don't sell your players in the end of the season if they doing well beside it seems you got a young team, but you improve them by spotting the non good among them and replace (sell in the end of the season and buy a replacement with the new season). No matter if they're losing a star since all mangers gonna lose a one too.

well, to be frank, long time ago, i can build up a team from scratch until it become about 100% overall team quality just using 30 token only,

but that was long time ago, now seems so many biding war on auction even for old players especially during 1st week of season..

i can't imagine how many token you will need to rebuild team if you sell your entire players.

well, your player will lose 20% of quality if promoted to next level, actually their quality still remain the same for another team that lower level than you,

so i think the price will be not so much different because they will just increase 1 age y/o only. its not so much different.

if you want to sell your players, keep your promising players in your squad and make sure you got minimum 14 players before going to next season. as you know there will be many biding wars in 1st day of season.

i want to ask, how do you know those 18 y/o player is not a fast trainer? what their current % quality?

what % quality player you are targeting for next season?
    Last edited by adifairus; 11-29-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    If your young players can be 110% at the end of the season, keep them or else sell them the last day of the season.

Try to finish quickly with LV1 and LV2 as it's full of noobs and the market is crazy (and don't spend money till LV3).
    Meanwhile, read some threads from Tutorials and Guides, the forum and some basic from nordeus page.
    USARABAT likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by adifairus View Post
    well, to be frank, long time ago, i can build up a team from scratch until it become about 100% overall team quality just using 30 token only,

but that was long time ago, now seems so many biding war on auction even for old players especially during 1st week of season..

i can't imagine how many token you will need to rebuild team if you sell your entire players.

well, your player will lose 20% of quality if promoted to next level, actually their quality still remain the same for another team that lower level than you,

so i think the price will be not so much different because they will just increase 1 age y/o only. its not so much different.

if you want to sell your players, keep your promising players in your squad and make sure you got minimum 14 players before going to next season. as you know there will be many biding wars in 1st day of season.

i want to ask, how do you know those 18 y/o player is not a fast trainer? what their current % quality?

what % quality player you are targeting for next season?
    Thanks for taking the time to reply everyone.

Couple of insights into the team. I built an 85% team with about 35 tokens at the start of this season. Cost was my entire 5 million starter amount, but I timed all my buys around off peak hours when server resets for a new day. (My location is a major advantage). I assume this will be tougher at level 2, but I have about 50 tokens to spare and close to 8 million in funds should I liquidate my squad. (Thinking of getting rid of defenders and midfielders mainly)

I'm not sure whether that will be enough to buy significantly better upgrades so I might postpone this to a little later in the season.

As far as the 18 year olds go, I'm doing a very simple calculation to decide on who to keep and sell.

Basically I got very lucky with my first trainee. He was bought for 686k at a wage of 1.1k. I trained him in 8 days and sold him for 2.2 million. So I am using his starting Value/Wage as a baseline for the rest of my purchases and then evaluating them on the basis of their actual training results.

It's not ideal but I seem to have been able to quickly generate a profit by flipping a lot of 18 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    If your young players can be 110% at the end of the season, keep them or else sell them the last day of the season.

Try to finish quickly with LV1 and LV2 as it's full of noobs and the market is crazy (and don't spend money till LV3).
    Meanwhile, read some threads from Tutorials and Guides, the forum and some basic from nordeus page.
    Thanks that's really helpful. I might just keep my team and start hoarding cash instead so I can spend it in one shot at lvl3.
    Do ppl buy 18 yo at the end of the season? Cos if thats the case then it basically solves all my problems as I can just sell all my trainees and buy new ones next season.

Famous
    If you're active, support your games, train your players and watch videos for resources you can win trophies at the lower levels with a 4 star team. My second team is now at level 5. Won 3 league and cup doubles in the first 4 seasons. At the start of this season I had over 1300 rest packs, half of these have gone now as this season I've got lucky finding cheap (tokens) 18 year olds. I have also taken all my 4 star academy players and trained them to 100%. Paying 10 tokens for them was easier than fighting in the auctions.
    My advice? Keep saving everything. Don't start spending until you have a season where you win nothing. And a 4 star team should be good enough for the first few levels.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Thanks that makes me think my entire approach to the game could be wrong.
    yes it is - lol

Do ppl buy 18 yo at the end of the season?
    we buy from nordeus and sell to nordeus bot teams.

That's why I 'm saying, farm a lot, spend little, read a lot, save your money
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 11-30-2017 at 08:47 AM.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Pro
    Attachment 91318

I created this account last month. didn't spend any token to buy 4 -5 players - just bought around ten 3 stars players - trained daily and was promoted to L 2.
    I am now at the top - just train daily - i don't watch the games cause i have 4 other accounts to run - today i decided to play the UK Tour after I won it yesterday.

I had like 130 tokens from last season and this season and I decide to spend all of them tonight because I knew that I am going to win 130 T at the end of the Tour.

First and second game at city 1-2 played with the existent players and won.
    Third game : I bought a DC-DMC for 39 tokens from assistant and another 95% player from auction.
    Fourth game I buy a new AML and MC from auction
    Fifth game : I won a 7 star MC-AMC 7 stars players
    Game six : I buy a 115% GK from scout for 49 tokens and I won 30 tokens
    Game seven : I buy AMR from scout for 39 tokens and I won 100 Tokens

My team quality now is 104% and I have like 117 tokens to be saved for league 4 ...

Key for success is quality training.
    Good luck mateAttachment 91319

Thanks, I felt I was doing something wrong. Time to switch to hoarding strategy with intensive training only for starting 11 and not 18 year olds. Will run through first 3 levels than buy 18 yo and train them from level 4 with rest packs that Ive saved.