Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Temidayo_

Thread: All bluster, no show: Players with impressive skills but rarely show up

All bluster, no show: Players with impressive skills but rarely show up

[Steps up our man.. Ahmed Khalaf.]

Had to get rid of him midway into his 3rd season. Initially was signed to be No 10 in my 3-2-1-3-1. Disappointed, and we were having a bad season, leaking goals like hell so I switched to a 4-3-3 and played him in CM. Season was salvaged as we climbed up from 8th to finish 2nd, and won the SL after dropping down from the CL. But see Khalaf?? Khalaf was out-scored + out-assisted by his partner in CM, normal CM with poorer attacking skills. Made only 8 goals and 2 assists in 29 apps, in what ended up being his, ha!, best ever season.

His partner, a regular CM meanwhile, hit 16 goals[!!!] in 30 appearances from CM as an interior in a conventional 4-3-3.
    dave1311 and girl gooner like this.

Pro
    not every amc is a good scorer.... he even don't have an SA... just sell

[Step up Maikel Nguyen]

If Nguyen weren't a 79T scout player, his stats would be acceptable. Not great mind you, but acceptable: of a level that would neither get me mad excited, nor deeply pained. Nguyen on whom I spent 79T dropped meh performances for 2 full seasons and a quarter of his third before I got really pissed and decided he was too meh to remain in my team.

I had spent 79T only once on a recommended player in the past before signing Nguyen. Believed them to be unworthy of that many T. But then came the new scout feature in September '17 and I was bestowed a player for free. An AML/ST. Played him as AMR (with a yellow !) for a reluctance to displace my (then current) AML and he made 31 goals and 11 assists in 40 games.[ Actually was on course to score 40+ before declining in the last week of the campaign.] And so it was that I decided maybe recommend players and scout players could propel my team to the treble after all and signed the first 79T recommendation the following season. Mannnn..

Nguyen consistently missed open goals in highlights.

Last edited by Temidayo_; 01-01-2018 at 11:08 PM.

My latest recom player good 79t signing. I was first reluctant but his age his position and his name make me excited. So far his been good signing.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Totally disappointed.