Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kto

Thread: Quality Match Scheduling

Quality Match Scheduling

On most nights through a season , nearly all in fact , I will get a League game at between 6pm and 10 pm ( my local time) including weekends and I am happy with that. There are odd games here and there, some league (1 or 2 during a season) but mostly Cup and CL that are outside these times. The weekend comes and my Asso games are almost always between 11pm and 5am , never earlier but sometimes a little later for the second game. These times arent the greatest for me but I accept them without grumble , at least they are regular for me.
    So tonight what do I get ? I have for the first time in 13 seasons got an Asso game prior to 11pm at 7pm with the second leg at 11pm. Great I think , how good is this..........then I look at the fixtures and all of a sudden I become unhappy. Wedged in between the 1st and 2nd leg Asso tonight is an away League game at about 9pm. On top of that I have not 1 but 2 opponents rescheduling games to have 1 the minimum required time prior to the 1st leg Asso match and the other the minimum time after the second leg with both being away fixtures so I cant do anything about it. So there goes nearly 2 days worth of greens just to keep my team 3/4 fit for the 5 games in 6 hours.

Surely the scheduling should be better than this. It made me wonder though if anyone else has copped this rough treatment from the scheduling.

I know this isnt a big issue in the scheme of things in this game so I am not making a big issue of it. I understand these other 2 managers have seen an opportunity to maybe catch a better opposition in a weakened state so fair play to them , its not something I do ............yet ....maybe in the future that might change however. Of these 5 games only 1 is a home match and being an Asso match it might as well be an away match in terms of scheduling , 1 is a Cup match so I can throw in my reserve squad and another is a CL match so again the reserves may be used even though they will be sub prime. However I am intrigued as to why the sudden change to an earlier Asso schedule for me. Really I think the Asso matches should be given a block of time with no other matches in between them as has been the case for me until tonight.

Kto
    Asso kick-off times are fixed by each asso
    Bunzo likes this.