Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Season Over - what now?

Unhappy Season Over - what now?

In my league the first place team (BL) has not lost a game, and last night beat me the second time. BL is on 63 points, I'm on 57, third place is on 41.

BL also knocked me out of the Cup in the semi-final.

BL will win the CL, although a different team knock me out of the quarter-final.

Five games left in the league, no chance of gaining/losing a place. I saw this coming so have been farming rests for most of this season.

Do I play my lowest level players in the league games? Do they gain more skill points in games than in training? Would they gain more skill points as they're lower overall compared to my first team?

Pro
    Play your normal team, store up rests and manipulate the draw in order to avoid BL next season . search the forum for tips and keep building your team and when you feel you are strong enough to face him go back and defeat him.

Post the skills of his players and his team quality
    StarlingCF likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    Play your normal team, store up rests and manipulate the draw in order to avoid BL next season . search the forum for tips and keep building your team and when you feel you are strong enough to face him go back and defeat him.

Post the skills of his players and his team quality
    Thanks. Overall quality is 145% but several players are 150-160%. No mutants, as far as I can tell, just a lot of time/rests spent training up the team.

I feel too lazy to search, I assume you mean have my worst players in the first team for the end of the season? Hell, I could do that NOW and still finish second.

Quote Originally Posted by Neno View Post
    Ah okay, thanks. I managed to sell 3 of my 28 players as they either are going to be too old or their age/skill ratio was off. The other 25 I kept. 13 players are 18/19, those 20-23 are in my 1st 11 or subs except a 24 y/o who's #2 goalie.

I'm leaving 3-8 *, 2-7 * my core for next season and 11-2 *, 3 * for 40% bonus and for lowering the team. At the end of the season my team was 77%, 78%. You may also have a 7-7 * player that you have trained from 3 * -18-year-olds. Variants a lot.
    Last edited by Neno; 04-25-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Missing word

Rookie
    I'm leaving 3-8 *, 2-7 * my core for next season and 11-2 *, 3 * for 40% bonus and for lowering the team. At the end of the season my team was 77%, 78%. You may also have a 7-7 * player that you have trained from 3 * -18-year-olds. Variants a lot.
    Here's a crazy thought... try to win without manipulating the draw... then your season finishes at the last day... I already played top 4, now they are all gonna play between them till the last game.

All teams, except bottom 4 are over 140% in my league. It's the first time for a while we didnt get a manipulator that starts the season with sudden 80% to 160% from day 1 to day 3, so I particularly dislike teams who do it.

Season Over - what now?-stats.png
    Last edited by mcdoomer; 04-25-2018 at 09:50 PM.
    Temidayo_ likes this.

You are right, but this season in Cl there are players who play like me and that is not easy. Does not mean that teams with average quality 145% are good. A and 1+ level teams have a great advantage.
    Last edited by Neno; 04-25-2018 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Sry

Rookie
    You are right, but this season in Cl there are players who play like me and that is not easy. Does not mean that teams with average quality 145% are good. A and 1+ level teams have a great advantage.
    Well, I think like this: this a game, and I play how I want to, and dont let other players restrict how I play. I knew I woulndt win CL this year, had just too many +1 level teams in the groups. All groups had at least 1. No worries, there's always the next season. Nobody pays me if I win. If I would let others restrict the way I want to play I would had quit in 2015. I play because many in my work and family also, if something else comes up that unites that bunch around something else, bye bye TE. So, no big deal, just play your way.
    Neno and Altiplano like this.

In the Associations, the victories against managers with a triple crown at the 40+ level are the best. the rest is about getting good workouts.
    Gobobo likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast