Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Counter defensive tactic

Apprentice

Counter defensive tactic

Hi,
    In this season I have some difficulties about weaker opponents who play defensively.

In other seasons I used short passes, attacking mentality and no counter attack, but now I have some problems, I have lost and tied against opponents much weaker than me (15/20%).

Which tactic and order do you use against defensive (hard or normal) mentality?

Pro
    Use 451v start with normal/down both flanks/long/force counter attack/high pressing/normal/zonal marking/no offside trap.

Then from 70-90mins switch from long passing to short and switch from high pressing to low.

I used to struggle against teams like this I have many of them in my server, no loss or draw when playing with this tactic for me.
    Iridensys likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Iridensys View Post
    Hi,
    In this season I have some difficulties about weaker opponents who play defensively.

In other seasons I used short passes, attacking mentality and no counter attack, but now I have some problems, I have lost and tied against opponents much weaker than me (15/20%).

Which tactic and order do you use against defensive (hard or normal)

I have gotten results with the following tactic against defensive teams.

defensive/flanks/short/off/low/normal/m2m/on

Pulled off a 2-2 and 5-2 against a World Top 100 today with it. Opponent started defense/long pass/counters on/low press.

I changed to defense/flanks/mixed/off/high/normal/m2m/off in 2nd leg. First leg I changed to high press defense + counters and let in the equalizer on the opponents counter-attack.

I understand those tactics look very strange but they have delivered in the past for me against some very good teams.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-07-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    Iridensys likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I have gotten results with the following tactic against defensive teams.

Pulled off a 2-2 and 5-2 against a World Top 100 today with it. Opponent started defense/long pass/counters on/low press.

Changed to defense/flanks/mixed/off/high/normal/m2m/off in 2nd leg. First leg I changed to high press defense + counters and let in the equalizer on the opponents counter-attack.

I understand those tactics look very strange but they have delivered in the past for me against some very good teams.
    How do you know that your opponent started with those orders???
    According to my knowledge you can't guess some opponent's order's like counter attack or low/high pressing, passing style can be guessed from the live animation and the match statistics but it isn't always accurate.

I'm curious to know how you arrived at the conclusion your opponent used those tactics.
    pjBS likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    How do you know that your opponent started with those orders???
    According to my knowledge you can't guess some opponent's order's like counter attack or low/high pressing, passing style can be guessed from the live animation and the match statistics but it isn't always accurate.

I'm curious to know how you arrived at the conclusion your opponent used those tactics.
    Pressing can be spotted by the position of the opponents players on the pitch when I start with possession. Mentality by the position of opponents players on the pitch when they start with possession.

Counters can't be seen from animation I believe you are correct there. Match ratings however can provide some hints. If I have maximum preparation (win bonus, morale and condition) and my first ratings are all 6.6 and 6.7 it means my orders (possibly formation as well) are wrong, and i must change the system immediately. So by tracking the ratings we can figure out some things. Later ratings can be erratic, similar to passing stats being sometimes inaccurate as you said, first ratings are accurate though.
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-06-2018 at 11:56 PM.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Pressing can be spotted by the position of the opponents players on the pitch when I start with possession. Mentality by the position of opponents players on the pitch when they start with possession.

Counters can't be seen from animation I believe you are correct there. Match ratings however can provide some hints. If I have maximum preparation (win bonus, morale and condition) and my first ratings are all 6.6 and 6.7 it means my orders (possibly formation as well) are wrong, and i must change the system immediately. So by tracking the ratings we can figure out some things. Later ratings can be erratic, similar to passing stats being sometimes inaccurate as you said, first ratings are accurate though.
    Players still press high and win the ball in the opponents half of the pitch even when you set orders to low press, so as I said earlier you can't determine if your opponent uses this order or not.

My team launches a lot of counter attacks even when I set my orders to no counter attack, so it is completely impossible to determine if your opponent uses this order.

The live animation is not a true representation of what actually goes on in the field it's major use to me is to determine if my opponent has set his orders to defensive or attacking, that can always be accurately determined.

Apprentice
    thanks guys, I will try your tips.

When I m watching I always monitor the rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well, you never know whether your opponent use defensive mentality

but if you really sure they use defensive by looking to their formation and strength comparison,

don't start with attacking mentality, because if you attack at wrong side, you will got high chance to concede with their counter

just play normal mentality.

use low press if you use 4 defenders with DMC

use high press if you got many midfielder/attacker than defender

then just observe each of your opponent defender rating including their DMC if any.

if you notice one of his defender rating turn lower than 6.5, change your passing focus there,

give extra player to support at that area, play short pass with high press, now you are attacking at their weak spot

and in this situation, you can change to attacking mentality with ON offside trap
    Last edited by adifairus; 05-07-2018 at 01:33 PM.
    Iridensys likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I like this orders but I prefer to use mix and not short passing.
    I 'm afraid that short passing reduce the chance of counter attacks - which I want to have as advantage.
    pcmacdaniel and Iridensys like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast