Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Guido van den Berg

Thread: What to do in the coming months?

Addicted

What to do in the coming months?

For the past few years, I trained my team fairly well by the "new training system". No cheating, just regular training. I used some saved greens at the start of each season to make up for the lost % by the past promotion. By now, my team looks like this:

What to do in the coming months?-2018-05-16-18_11_08-training-topeleven-2017.xlsx-excel-80%25.jpg

You see 23 players with their % for each skill. I strongly believe that the performance in the games is determined by the white skills of the player's position only. Therefore I calculated the player's average skill % for the white skills of every position. You see that on the right side of the screenshot.

Some example. For a player that is DL only, the white skills are Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Bravery, Crossing, Fitness, Aggression and Speed. When you play a player at the DL position, these skills determine the players performance. Therefore, the % in the column DL are calculated by the average % for these skills.

What can you tell from my team sheet?

- It was fairly easy to achieve skill % above 200%. In a few cases I also reached 300%.
    - By keeping players for about 5 seasons, many gray skills that are not trained will be 1%.
    - The starting 11 players have a total average of 130% max (player nr. 1-11).
    - For my regular formation, the average for the relevant skills can be as much as 188% (green indicators).

My team is not exceptional. Everybody can do this and many of you have done so. A team performing at 188% is quite normal. That is, apart from those up-selling teams that perform close to 340%.

A few weeks ago, the gain from training drills was changed to no longer be determined by the player's average % for all skills, but by the player's average % for the skills used in that particular drill. As you can see from the skill % in my sheet and the limited available choices of training drills, I can no longer find any training drill that will give a decent return. Training drills that contain white skills only regularly have an average skill % of like 180%. Using these drills my players would gain nothing. Therefore, I switched to GK training. I usually trained 5x GK, followed by the drill I actually wanted. That gave me a decent return for the fist 5 drills, which was acceptable overall. Yesterday, they remove this last option.

So now what to do with training?

For me it is absolutely clear that those players with skills above 200% will disappear in the far future. This is a bizarre change from the current practice. As you can see, I'm used to having many relevant skills of more than 200% for my starting 11. And I only use a little bit of training.

For the coming months, I can do nothing for training. My players cannot get any better in their relevant skills. I cannot replace them by other players, since these players will never reach relevant skill averages like 200%.

It's even worse. I cannot get promoted in the league either. The 20% loss by the promotion cannot be made up by training. In the cup, champions league and associations, I will meet teams that are tanking and keep their high-skilled players. The only option I have is to tank too.

This will continue, until I'm forced to renew my squad due to the retirement of my players. This will only be in more than a year from now.

Until that time, I cannot train, I cannot play the league. Was that really Nordeus' intention by these last updates? For me it is no fun being forced to play like this.
    Altiplano and HairDryer like this.

they need to revamp the game and get inspiration from football manager (sigames) or hattrick.org.

give proper youth teams and older players shouldnt be able to have attributes raised

Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post
    For the past few years, I trained my team fairly well by the "new training system". No cheating, just regular training. I used some saved greens at the start of each season to make up for the lost % by the past promotion. By now, my team looks like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-05-16 18_11_08-Training Topeleven 2017.xlsx - Excel 80%.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	100825

You see 23 players with their % for each skill. I strongly believe that the performance in the games is determined by the white skills of the player's position only. Therefore I calculated the player's average skill % for the white skills of every position. You see that on the right side of the screenshot.

Some example. For a player that is DL only, the white skills are Tackling, Marking, Positioning, Bravery, Crossing, Fitness, Aggression and Speed. When you play a player at the DL position, these skills determine the players performance. Therefore, the % in the column DL are calculated by the average % for these skills.

What can you tell from my team sheet?

- It was fairly easy to achieve skill % above 200%. In a few cases I also reached 300%.
    - By keeping players for about 5 seasons, many gray skills that are not trained will be 1%.
    - The starting 11 players have a total average of 130% max (player nr. 1-11).
    - For my regular formation, the average for the relevant skills can be as much as 188% (green indicators).

My team is not exceptional. Everybody can do this and many of you have done so. A team performing at 188% is quite normal. That is, apart from those up-selling teams that perform close to 340%.

A few weeks ago, the gain from training drills was changed to no longer be determined by the player's average % for all skills, but by the player's average % for the skills used in that particular drill. As you can see from the skill % in my sheet and the limited available choices of training drills, I can no longer find any training drill that will give a decent return. Training drills that contain white skills only regularly have an average skill % of like 180%. Using these drills my players would gain nothing. Therefore, I switched to GK training. I usually trained 5x GK, followed by the drill I actually wanted. That gave me a decent return for the fist 5 drills, which was acceptable overall. Yesterday, they remove this last option.

So now what to do with training?

For me it is absolutely clear that those players with skills above 200% will disappear in the far future. This is a bizarre change from the current practice. As you can see, I'm used to having many relevant skills of more than 200% for my starting 11. And I only use a little bit of training.

For the coming months, I can do nothing for training. My players cannot get any better in their relevant skills. I cannot replace them by other players, since these players will never reach relevant skill averages like 200%.

It's even worse. I cannot get promoted in the league either. The 20% loss by the promotion cannot be made up by training. In the cup, champions league and associations, I will meet teams that are tanking and keep their high-skilled players. The only option I have is to tank too.

This will continue, until I'm forced to renew my squad due to the retirement of my players. This will only be in more than a year from now.

Until that time, I cannot train, I cannot play the league. Was that really Nordeus' intention by these last updates? For me it is no fun being forced to play like this.
    Yes tanking is the best option for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk