Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Training vs frendlies 2018

Famous

Training vs frendlies 2018

Anyone got any thoughts on this now?
    Not having a clue how to train my players anymore I've switched to playing friendlies as a way of using extra condition.
    My theory being that perhaps players will have a better chance of gaining desired skills through playing rather than wasting my time training defenders with attacking drills and attackers with defensive skills.
    I can't be bothered to monitor wether or not it's more effective than training. It gets me a rest pack at least.
    Anyone want to pick up the ball and run with this?

Before the new training with bonuses... in the old game... I think a friendly cost you the same condition as hard training and you earned the same increase in skills. That may have swayed in favour of training once the new training system came in with bonuses/different levels. However, you could very well be onto something now with the new penalties for disproportionately higher attributes. Once upon a time I would have conducted tests to experiment, but those days are long gone as I have ever decreasing motivation for this game... particularly for training which is nothing but a chore.
    madflo19, Altiplano, Bunzo and 2 others like this.

I tried this the other day.
    i played 4 friendlies 1 after another and they do gain skill points nobody will get over 2 skill points after the game well not with my players anyway.
    some got 2 some got 1 some gained nothing. so they don't gain as good as in a league or cup game.
    tried to mix it up with high pressing one game low pressing another no difference really.

My question to myself was it worth it ?
    my answer is yes and no
    as at level 5 i still can make some extra $$ with attendance can add a green etc and you can try out different formations
    but if i was doing it for a training skill point exercise only I'd probably say no that's my personal view anyway.
    but i guess others have played it alot longer than me

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Anyone got any thoughts on this now?
    Not having a clue how to train my players anymore I've switched to playing friendlies as a way of using extra condition.
    My theory being that perhaps players will have a better chance of gaining desired skills through playing rather than wasting my time training defenders with attacking drills and attackers with defensive skills.
    I can't be bothered to monitor wether or not it's more effective than training. It gets me a rest pack at least.
    Anyone want to pick up the ball and run with this?
    this is my strategy... Im buying lots of player so that i can play more friendlies... I wont use my main 11 full team... I will just lick 1-2 players that i want to improve... And do many friendlies, even those player (except the 1 or 2 main players) dont have energy, get injured, i dont give a fak... As long as my 1-2 players can gain skill...

So my question is... How many players can we have in a team? I have 30 so far

Is morale not affected at all? You only focus on training gains but arent some players happier at least to play some friendlies if they cannot find a way into the official games? Or the game isnt that complex?

Find a tanker and play a friendly against them , you get quite a few bonuses for your players the higher the score you win by...
    We have tankers in our assoc and as much as I detest the idea, smashing them gets me some decent bonuses.

I also use the training regime (pass-skill-piggy-video-warm-stretch) ....use on your whole squad once in the morning and once at night.
    then hammer it on all the subs only , I only use 1 sub to gain a green rest , the rest of the subs are not needed , I hammer them on this trng until around 30% strength or all bonuses are 10% then allow them to recover in time for the following morning repeated training. they get some good training % from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aku Papua View Post
    this is my strategy... Im buying lots of player so that i can play more friendlies... I wont use my main 11 full team... I will just lick 1-2 players that i want to improve... And do many friendlies, even those player (except the 1 or 2 main players) dont have energy, get injured, i dont give a fak... As long as my 1-2 players can gain skill...

So my question is... How many players can we have in a team? I have 30 so far

Really you have 30 players in your team ...I take it counting is not your strong point ?
    madflo19 and nikolgiorgos like this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzo View Post
    Really you have 30 players in your team ...I take it counting is not your strong point ?
    ah yes i didnt notice my 2 new signing cant be included in the squad... So it is 28 players...

Sorry my bad
    Bunzo likes this.

Dreamer
    Training vs frendlies 2018-screenshot_20180517-215508.jpg

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Aku Papua View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180517-215508.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	100873
    And you do know that if you don't sign them within 7 days of their appearance in your squad you will lose them? So if you want to keep either of them (and the 2 star player is free) you will have to sell players.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast