Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Reece p FC

Thread: Two defenders - new winning strategy?

VFK
    Rookie

Two defenders - new winning strategy?

I noticed in the league opening round that the best team of my league (140%) was using a two defender formation against his opponent who is pretty tough too (130%). The exact formation was DC-DC, ML-MC-MR, AML-AMC-AMR, ST-ST, so it was really ultra-offensive. He ended up winning 5-2 with 60% possession. So you can tell it doesn't give a possession disadvantage anymore.

You can also see yourself that if you change your formation to two defenders, it doesn't give the warning as it does when you don't have players on a wing. Hell, you can even have 4-1-4-3 formation with 4 AM's. Now does it work the other way? Can you have a defensive formation? Nope, if you have a 4-2-2-2 formation with two DMC's and wingers, it warns that no players are playing offensively in the midfield.

Is this old news and haven't I just noticed it before, or have they changed it recently? I hope this doesn't end up to heavy token-buying players just crushing others using all-out-on-attack formations. (If you're a hard token-buyer and didn't know this before, thank me! )

Deleted
    Last edited by GrayFoxxOfLight; 06-26-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Addicted
    When you use 3 amc it gives too red exclamation mark. Formations with 3 amc are legal and shouldn't be punished. Whatever, 2 dc are legal here and the one result comes in my mind - it's only a fantasy soccer simulation.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    I noticed in the league opening round that the best team of my league (140%) was using a two defender formation against his opponent who is pretty tough too (130%). The exact formation was DC-DC, ML-MC-MR, AML-AMC-AMR, ST-ST, so it was really ultra-offensive. He ended up winning 5-2 with 60% possession. So you can tell it doesn't give a possession disadvantage anymore.

You can also see yourself that if you change your formation to two defenders, it doesn't give the warning as it does when you don't have players on a wing. Hell, you can even have 4-1-4-3 formation with 4 AM's. Now does it work the other way? Can you have a defensive formation? Nope, if you have a 4-2-2-2 formation with two DMC's and wingers, it warns that no players are playing offensively in the midfield.

Is this old news and haven't I just noticed it before, or have they changed it recently? I hope this doesn't end up to heavy token-buying players just crushing others using all-out-on-attack formations. (If you're a hard token-buyer and didn't know this before, thank me! )
    explain to me how that formation is possible lol "Hell, you can even have 4-1-4-3 formation with 4 AM's"

If his team is considerably stronger than the opponents then it is not a big deal. I played with all players on the left because I am tanking and I still barely lost 2-1.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    After the new Team set-up (TE 2018 update, round November), the Not so much illegal formations, became totally legal
    VFK and IImaestroII like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Dreamer

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by kenoticfc View Post
    if his team is considerably stronger than the opponents then it is not a big deal. I played with all players on the left because i am tanking and i still barely lost 2-1.
    witch! Burn him
    Richie72 likes this.

VFK
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by richie72 View Post
    explain to me how that formation is possible lol "hell, you can even have 4-1-4-3 formation with 4 am's"
    Ah, I mean 2-1-4-3 ofc
    Last edited by VFK; 06-26-2018 at 05:50 PM.