Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: [Official] Preparation Phase for the International Cup #3

Dreamer
    as I said previously, I don't see why bot teams cant be involved as long as the dynamics are fair, in the last tournament things were changing daily and you didn't know where you stood, you start off playing a bot team 20% worse and cant beat them and by the 3rd group game all the human managers were winning by silly scores but for some it was too late to fix the fix that made it start bad.

is there a reason bots cant play and just be what they are rather than all the messing around and changing the parameters from game to game?
    madflo19 likes this.

Rookie
    The takeaway from last IC is that in my Asso the teams that didnt prepare at all before groups all won 1st or 2nd places. The better prepared teams were put in super hard groups, with bots more random and more tougher. So, dont prepare before the draw.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post

2nd managers have to have a national team according to their nationality as stated in their profile.

this would help minimize the number of teams from same nationality
    How will this "minimize the number of teams from same nationality" when (as you said) millions of players are from China, Indonesia, Tureky, etc? All this will do is replace one problem (millions of chosen teams like Brazil, Germany, Argentina, etc) with millions of forced teams (from country of origin).
    Bunzo and Cope King like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Reece p FC View Post
    as I said previously, I don't see why bot teams cant be involved as long as the dynamics are fair, in the last tournament things were changing daily and you didn't know where you stood, you start off playing a bot team 20% worse and cant beat them and by the 3rd group game all the human managers were winning by silly scores but for some it was too late to fix the fix that made it start bad.

is there a reason bots cant play and just be what they are rather than all the messing around and changing the parameters from game to game?
    A couple of things;

1. As shown in ic1 and for many seasons domestically nordeus are unable or unwilling to program bots/ai in a fair way. By having them we leave it wide open for this problem and they are able to manipulate how they see fit.

2. When I think of why I still play this game after 2 years it is due to the humans within it. I can interact with them in associations. I have made other friends on FB. I had an early rival (Alex aka Double H) who I joined together with in associations. We had great fun and banter. Played each other in league and cl battles. Sadly he quit playing 6 months ago. I miss that. Thanks for the memories and fun Alex pal. I have many other great friends from that association only 1 still playing (shout out to SQL Tom). In my current asso I have found some gr8 people again. I've been very lucky. My point is that the games main key unique hold on me is this human interaction. The ic could be a gr8 opportunity to throw me and my friends (FB and asso) together for lots of fun and social interaction. I guess you could draw teams together first. Then choose an available country to keep 32 countries?

I get no enjoyment playing bots. The satisfaction of beating a human is better knowing they are cursing you if you beat/outsmart them. Vice versa if they beat you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
    How will this "minimize the number of teams from same nationality" when (as you said) millions of players are from China, Indonesia, Tureky, etc? All this will do is replace one problem (millions of chosen teams like Brazil, Germany, Argentina, etc) with millions of forced teams (from country of origin).
    But in my IC competition Brazil, Germany, Argentina, England, France, Spain were all bots!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Hey all,

Groups have just been drawn for International Cup #2!

Also, two new International Cup items have been added to the Club Shop. Keep checking back for new additions.

Good luck!
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
    Thats a good point , i admit it
    Bunzo likes this.

Famous
    Seems similar draw system to last time. Lots of bots. Humans all similar quality. Random tournament results where prep counted for little. I don't care for this tournament sadly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    pnr8555 and USARABAT like this.

Nothing changes, nothing new. IC is cancelled, simply, cancelled.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Bots look easier (I mean with lower q than 1st IC) but we 'll see them in action
    USARABAT and Cope King like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast