Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: End of Season - What should I do?

End of Season - What should I do?

Three more games left until the end of the season, but I've already guaranteed my number one spot in the league. Not bad for a noob. Even if I lose all the remaining games, I will win.

So I am planning to plan ahead and prepare for the upcoming season. What are things I should know about? For instance, will there be free agents?

And do you guys advise me buying/selling players now before the season ends? Or is it a better idea to wait for the new season to begin?
    I mean, will I be matched with stronger opponents next season if I buy stronger players this season? And is hard-training my players now a bad idea?

Famous
    For a start do normal training. Improve your team the minimum.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    The Ghostwriters likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ghostwriters View Post
    Three more games left until the end of the season, but I've already guaranteed my number one spot in the league. Not bad for a noob. Even if I lose all the remaining games, I will win.

So I am planning to plan ahead and prepare for the upcoming season. What are things I should know about? For instance, will there be free agents?

And do you guys advise me buying/selling players now before the season ends? Or is it a better idea to wait for the new season to begin?
    I mean, will I be matched with stronger opponents next season if I buy stronger players this season? And is hard-training my players now a bad idea?
    All players this season go down 1 star so start buying next season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice

End of Season - What should I do?

Just train your young players you plan to keep, bearing in mind they will drop a star. In the early levels, I’d go for a couple of older players who improve your squad but don’t cost much and a few 18/19yr olds who you will focus any spare green rests to get them competitive early in the season. Just be wary the first few days of the transfer window are always ridiculous in terms of tokens needed to secure good young players. If your fixtures are looking quite easy, sometimes it’s worth waiting 4-5 days into the season before buying players, when the bidding won’t be as crazy.

I’d also save any free rests you gain now ready for next season if you have won already. You could have a nice stack of 150 greens to work on your new arrivals if you do, assuming you get 30 free rests a day through bids. You won’t find any free agents so just look for the best players you can get from the market. Sell players now or at season start to make way for new ones. It doesn’t matter too much when you sell, but don’t buy anyone until the season starts as they will drop a star with the rest of your team when the new season starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Do players still get full condition back on season day 1? I train my players to 1% the day before the new season starts.

It has been that case the last few seasons
    I have heard nothing to say otherwise but the goal posts could easily change without any notification
    Altiplano likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeker85 View Post
    Sell players now or at season start to make way for new ones. It doesn’t matter too much when you sell, but don’t buy anyone until the season starts as they will drop a star with the rest of your team when the new season starts.
    Do you know if the Market Value of a player changes when the new season starts (and he loses a star)? That would tell me whether it's better to sell a player I know I am not keeping now, or wait until Sunday.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
    Do you know if the Market Value of a player changes when the new season starts (and he loses a star)? That would tell me whether it's better to sell a player I know I am not keeping now, or wait until Sunday.
    They will lose a little due to being 1 year older. The younger ones will tend to regain that value over the season as you continue training. Early levels is a balancing act. Keep young fast trainers, hoard greens and mix a few oldies if short of cash. I would sell some of the oldies this season and if me as they won't improve next season much. Even if only to replace with a new oldie early next season who is better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    TropikThunder likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
    strangely and unlike real life they are never worth more than what they are as an 18 year old

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    @Ghostwriters
    if you don't bother to post a pic of your team, it's better for us to say which exactly players you could keep or sell.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast