Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By magic3
  • 2 Post By SimplySimon
  • 2 Post By magic3

Thread: Manager's impact

Pro

Manager's impact

In the light of zillion posts about predetermined results and no impact on the score I would like to post an example of today's game.

I was up 6-0 and due to an important match coming up and limited available options had to play two ST as a DC and AMR as DL. In the next 15 minutes the other team scored 3 goals. I decided to change the formation to not have anyone out of position but it wasn't the greatest formation in the world (that's why I didn't do that the first time around, I was up 6 so I didn't care). I ended up winning 8-3. Take it for what it's worth.
    SimplySimon likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    In the light of zillion posts about predetermined results and no impact on the score I would like to post an example of today's game.

I was up 6-0 and due to an important match coming up and limited available options had to play two ST as a DC and AMR as DL. In the next 15 minutes the other team scored 3 goals. I decided to change the formation to not have anyone out of position but it wasn't the greatest formation in the world (that's why I didn't do that the first time around, I was up 6 so I didn't care). I ended up winning 8-3. Take it for what it's worth.
    Sorry, your results do not prove or disprove the possibility of pre-determined results.

it is entirely possible that your game was going to be 8-3 in the first place. At one point you were up 6-0. Is it that much of a stretch to think that the opponent was always going to score 3 on you? playing players out of position does not guarantee the other team will score goals. I have played a few where I won 1-0. It is the quality of the team and how well you play with 80% possession.

With this game engine, 80% possession does not even guarantee a win. How do you like them apples???

Great post, nice to see a different perspective, not that everyone will agree :-)
    magic3 and Raykco like this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Sorry, your results do not prove or disprove the possibility of pre-determined results.

it is entirely possible that your game was going to be 8-3 in the first place. At one point you were up 6-0. Is it that much of a stretch to think that the opponent was always going to score 3 on you? playing players out of position does not guarantee the other team will score goals. I have played a few where I won 1-0. It is the quality of the team and how well you play with 80% possession.

With this game engine, 80% possession does not even guarantee a win. How do you like them apples???
    I like the apples. You don't have to be sorry. Of course, I didn't think that one game proves anything, hence my note 'take it for what it's worth'. But, it might make people think twice, probably not you though..
    cracicot and Raykco like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    I like the apples. You don't have to be sorry. Of course, I didn't think that one game proves anything, hence my note 'take it for what it's worth'. But, it might make people think twice, probably not you though..
    Dont take this the wrong way. I was just trying to have a laugh. I think that people in this forum should have open minds. They have to think outside the box sometimes. I say what I say because I like to get other people thinking and talking. Also, I believe in what I say, so its easy to talk about it. I dont know if the games are fixed or not, but at some point, it will be proven either way.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Yes of course, is much better if you will watch the game.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

Quote Originally Posted by PricopGeorgeCătălin View Post
    Yes of course, is much better if you will watch the game.
    what?