Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By magic3

Thread: Cup Selection

Cup Selection

This is my first full season, i joined the game half way through the last season and have really come to enjoy it but i was wondering about a few things. First off i make sure to watch all my games, but it seems that i get more injuries than any other team i play and my players before way below standards compared to others that don't watch their games. Does watching games in fact make a difference? I was also curious if any one knew the rules for cup selection as in why as a league level two manager i am forced to play league level five in cups. Seems kind unfair to have to play teams that have been playing in the game six months or more longer than me. This is my last cup match, getting injuries at the end and players underperforming when they entered at full moral and conditions. Any thoughts would be welcome. Cup Selection-screen-shot-2013-04-20-5.02.11-pm.jpg

Regarding the injuries, I don't think it really matters whether you are present or not. They just seem a random occurance. There do seem to be seasons where there are more injuries than others though.

As regards your other point. The cup always has a mixture of teams at different levels, judged (at the moment), on quality of teams. Up till two seasons ago, it was common for a low level team to be drawn against a level 14+ team in the early rounds, so its a bit more balanced now. The cup is the only competition where you will be in with different level teams. Usually, when it comes to the league and champs league, 99% of the time, you will be up against teams from your own level.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

you are right about the cup Raykco but completely wrong about the other competitions being balanced
    i´m in a level 27 league and counting my team there are only 5 that actually are level 27
    i can let you decide if this is fair because remember the players you buy have a maximum level acoording to your manager level
    level 27 league has 14 teams has all do
    here is a list of the level of all of them in my case this season:
    level 27 - 5 teams including mine
    level 28 - 2 teams
    level 29 - 4 teams
    level 32 - 1 team
    level 33 - 1 team
    level 36 - 1 team - this team was also in my league last season he won all 26 games and leved up i did not level up and he is back in my
    level 27 league again very nice and fair right

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratuntchas View Post
    you are right about the cup Raykco but completely wrong about the other competitions being balanced
    i´m in a level 27 league and counting my team there are only 5 that actually are level 27
    i can let you decide if this is fair because remember the players you buy have a maximum level acoording to your manager level
    level 28 - 2 teams
    level 29 - 4 teams
    level 32 - 1 team
    level 33 - 1 team
    level 36 - 1 team - this team was also in my league last season he won all 26 games and leved up i did not level up and he is back in my
    It's because they don't have enough teams at such high level.
    Raykco and SimplySimon like this.

level 28 - 2 teams
    level 29 - 4 teams
    level 32 - 1 team
    level 33 - 1 team
    As magic has said, your situation has arisen because of a shortage of players at such a high level. I think my comments on the league structures are probably true for the majority of players (at least those under level 16).
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

On the cup point, I really enjoy the challenge of playing higher level teams who have players at world class and scout level, so satisfying if you beat them! League is too easy, I will win no problem

If I was Level 16 and it was the other way around i.e all league teams better than me, but cup and CL bit easier that might get tedious. They need to be able to put teams of same level together or freeze the level of a team if they are in a league with lower levels
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

level 28 - 2 teams
    level 29 - 4 teams
    level 32 - 1 team
    level 33 - 1 team
    In this league for example, there should be a freeze at about L32
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Thanks for the answers, looking on the board it seems injuries are an issue for everyone. You are correct playing higher level teams in cup is fun, it's a challenge, and i can't complain about only playing some one three or four leagues ahead of me rather than playing someone 10 leagues ahead of me.