Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dave1311
  • 1 Post By Der_Ryan_M

Thread: Academy players - end of season

Question Academy players - end of season

I have just got 2 new academy players today and I want to buy the 14 token player to train up as he is 18 and I have heard academy players train really fast. However it is the end of the season tomorrow so if I buy him now, he will lose a star and become 4* in 2 days time. Question is, if I wait 2 days till the new season to sign him. Will he still be 4*? Or will he be 5* still as I haven't signed him.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by AzaB View Post
    I have just got 2 new academy players today and I want to buy the 14 token player to train up as he is 18 and I have heard academy players train really fast. However it is the end of the season tomorrow so if I buy him now, he will lose a star and become 4* in 2 days time. Question is, if I wait 2 days till the new season to sign him. Will he still be 4*? Or will he be 5* still as I haven't signed him.
    They lose the star.

He will be 4* even if you don't sign him,if you get promoted.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Ah I see, may aswell just buy him now then. If I wait 2 days, he will train quicker right as he will be 4* to start with rather than 5*?

Pain in the arse when Academy players appear on last 2-3 days of season. Should get them on Day 1.
    KenoticFC likes this.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

I always get them if they are a position I need. 19 yo fast trainer players still good enough for training and lower greys help as well.
    madflo19 likes this.

Rookie
    Ah I see, may aswell just buy him now then. If I wait 2 days, he will train quicker right as he will be 4* to start with rather than 5*?
    Yes, they will train faster after the drop but then you will be training them from a lower ability. For example, is his Dribbling is 83 now he will gain a point per ~15% condition loss. After the drop, he will be 63 and might gain 1.5 points per condition loss but it's not an efficient way to develop someone. I train up my academy players and then sell them right before the season restart since they are worth more in cash than in talent. For example, one academy player was 10 Tokens and is now at 86% and $8.50 M market value (that's a lot for Level 5 where Max is $10-11 M). He's a MC though and I have better MC's already so I will sell him meaning I used 10 T to get $8.5 M.

Quote Originally Posted by TropikThunder View Post
    Yes, they will train faster after the drop but then you will be training them from a lower ability. For example, is his Dribbling is 83 now he will gain a point per ~15% condition loss. After the drop, he will be 63 and might gain 1.5 points per condition loss but it's not an efficient way to develop someone. I train up my academy players and then sell them right before the season restart since they are worth more in cash than in talent. For example, one academy player was 10 Tokens and is now at 86% and $8.50 M market value (that's a lot for Level 5 where Max is $10-11 M). He's a MC though and I have better MC's already so I will sell him meaning I used 10 T to get $8.5 M.
    Ok I see what you're on about. If money isn't a problem, is it best to just scrap the tokens and not buy the player then? I have a 7 star goalkeeper who will be 6* and 23 tomorrow. But the academy goalkeeper will be 19 and 4*. Will it be worth training him up or not? Or should I just buy another 5* 18 year old keeper once the new season starts.

Reason I am asking is because I have been told academy players train faster compared to auction players.

Ok I see what you're on about. If money isn't a problem, is it best to just scrap the tokens and not buy the player then? I have a 7 star goalkeeper who will be 6* and 23 tomorrow. But the academy goalkeeper will be 19 and 4*. Will it be worth training him up or not? Or should I just buy another 5* 18 year old keeper once the new season starts.

Reason I am asking is because I have been told academy players train faster compared to auction players.
    If your GK is still 6 stars tomorrow I would not train the academy GK. And also you can find players, who train just as fast as your academy players on the transfer list as well. They are just rare and academy players for tokens are a safe bet.