Thread: End of season transfers.

End of season transfers.

I'm like the majority of managers here. I usually sell of some players in the last few days of season, ready to make new signings at the very start of following season. However, I've been turning things over in my mind, and am wondering if I could maybe pick up some bargains by buying NOW. I've been watching the bidding, and it seems that many players are going for very few tokens and money.

About half my squad are 4* players, who will drop to 3* if I should win promotion. I was thinking of bidding for some young 5* players on the transfer list. Assuming I got them, I know they would drop a star next week, but they would still be on a par with my current players, and of course, they would go backwards too. So the new players would still be better than current ones.

Your comments would be appreciated.

I'm trying my best to forget about stars, as others have said they mean jack **** on the pitch.
    I'm in the same boat two thirds of my squad are 4* but range from 26-29 in quality I'd say maybe 75% will be close to 30 by the season end.
    Looking at my friends level four league most will be good enough to compete, I think.
    I sold my lowest ranked striker three days into the season for what should have been something better, didn't work out, I believe this game favours underdogs, how many times does a a defender of poorer quality rob your striker of the ball.
    I bought no players at all in between the close and start of the league this season, bided my time, OK, it may have took 5-8 days to get what I wanted but 4 18yo and 1 19yo for 7 tokens was a a bargain, big fees but you expect that with youngsters of good quality.
    There are definitely bargins both before and after the mad rush.
    Guess you play it the way you feel is best for you.
    Just watched a 18yo 4* 29, go for 1 token, only needed 5 skill points for 30, I fancied him myself but I know the bidder watched him many times this season, one look at his stadium, strip and emblem tells you not to do battle.
    Level 1,2,3,4,5,6 League winners

Level 1,2,3,5 CL Winners

Level 4 CL runner up.

Level 2,3,4 Cup winners

P267 W244 D2 L11 GF1024 GA91

This is the most important part of most clubs seasons, unless you are in a position that your out the cups and can't win the league/or miles clear in the league, every player on your squad is going to be needed, cup semis, champions league semis, important league games and togetherness of the squad, every player is to be retained and I just sell at the beginning of the season to make room for 4 new players. I looked at the transfer market earlier today and its quiet and there arent many bidding wars at present so bargains to be had, but also players losing stars off-sets that bargain hunting, I sell at the beginning of the season simply because most people are active in the market, my replacement players again will most likely scouts.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Usually, I can just about afford 1 scout player per season. But as its christmas next season, I think I'll allow myself the luxury of 2 (maybe 3).

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Usually, I can just about afford 1 scout player per season. But as its christmas next season, I think I'll allow myself the luxury of 2 (maybe 3).
    How comes some players struggle to get tokens and myself get plenty of them.

If I'd have had to rely on in-game tokens, then I wouldn't have anything like the team I currently have. Since I've started playing, I've never been able to watch videos, do surveys etc to earn tkns. Virtually all tokens I have spent, I have had to buy. Though I have no other vices so I allow myself the luxury of game money.

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    If I'd have had to rely on in-game tokens, then I wouldn't have anything like the team I currently have. Since I've started playing, I've never been able to watch videos, do surveys etc to earn tkns. Virtually all tokens I have spent, I have had to buy. Though I have no other vices so I allow myself the luxury of game money.
    I think if I havent had so many videos, I probably would of resorted to buying more tokens as well, otherwise I may struggle to compete and win trophies, I probably have seasons on no champions league football, maybe even have seasons were you miss the promotion cut.

Apprentice
    I think MOST managers sell around this time.

But like my other thread, I think "Negotiations" should work in the favour of us, players. Friends should visit others in higher levels and offer for their fringe players. I am ready to sell those for abt 2 to 4 tokens (plus Organisers base tokens), rather than putting them up for auction when u get zero tokens.
    Season 14 - Level 14

League Champions: Season 3/4/7/8/10/11
    Cup Winners: Season 3/4/6/9/10
    Champions League Winners: Season 2/4/6

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    If you like to play with 4* players it's ok then you can buy but I won't do that as long at the start of season you can AIM for fresh 5 stars where are not so many bidders
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook