Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Nooner
  • 2 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 2 Post By PricopGeorgeCătălin

Thread: Randomness in this game is a good thing

Randomness in this game is a good thing

I've seen a lot of people complain that "My team was much stronger than the other team but I still lost!". Yes that's annoying and seems unfair, but if you take that away from the game, than it becomes a pay to win. Those that buy tokens can make their teams super good and those that don't but have barely any chance to win. If that happens those that don't buy tokens will end up leaving which eventually leads to the death of the game.
    ornini and VFK like this.

You don’t need to buy tokens to be successful. It is difficult but not impossible. As for people leaving, I would say that many people join the game as leave and you will see a natural turnover where some leave as things get tougher and they don’t like to lose so they quit.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 122
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    You are not right, randomness shouldn't exist and do not exist or at least that's what a developer would tell you. Never seen any developer saying that there's a random factor that you might lose with somebody who is 3,4 stars less then you. Would be funny if a developer would say that to somebody who paid money. If they do admit that the randomness exist then is pretty much as telling you in face: "well even if you buy 2000 tokens and send 200$ for this season only, you might still lose vs somebody who barely play the game cause is fun and realistic, maybe".

Top Eleven should improve a bit more the results and the "randomness" as it can be overwhelming sometimes. Not sure for how long you play the game but if you would play for many years like I do, I can tell you that Top Eleven would give you lots of emotions and butterflies in the stomach.

Yet, there's beauty in the game, there are friends, fun, challenges and even if you can't afford to buy tokens the game offered last 2 years lots of opportunities for everyone to build really strong teams in exchange of time in-game.
    dave1311 and nikolgiorgos like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

The Top eleven team has said that there is randomness in the game. I qoute this from the in-game help feature under the question I lost a game but my team was stronger. Why?: "In every good career there are ups and downs. Even the best football managers cannot always lead their team to success, no matter how good the players in their squad are." This pretty much says that, "There is randomness in the game since even when you are the best you won't always win". And another thing, I've had this game for over five years now, not the best at it, but love the game and I completely understand when you say that it can give a lot of emotions and butterflies in your stomach. I've had, I've felt those emotions.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Randomness and luck factor has many forms.
    for example if I have a team with quality 120% and playing vs an active manager -1 LV with 90% (110% for his lv), I could understand if loose a game.
    But if l loose (or cannot win) from a team -40% not active because the game mechanics decided to give me a troll result or to stop my winning/unbeaten streak or to give agony for the 2nd leg of the Cup or because it's just wasn't to be , that's annoying.
    The stats/gameplay explanation is also annoying - my 130% attacker with 200% relative skills and sa cannot score from free-kicks vs a very weak defense, opponent GK out of nowhere will make 7 saves and other stuff.
    In a percent of games (I calculated it 20-25%) the result is pre-decided nomater if you 're watching the game and do things.
    Presence of (only one) manager and coaching factor have been reduced a lot lately.

Ok, luck must be a part of a game (specially about football) but in a less degree and with some limits.

In some other game, a war game f.e. , you can't exterminate a panzer with a riffle because it had a bad day
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 09-16-2018 at 09:27 AM.
    madflo19 likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    @Nooner, I get what you are trying to say but this should be somehow much better controlled, the results are far from what they should be, in the end let's not forget that this is a game and is not real life, people do expect the game advantages. If the random factor is so high then what's the point of trying to find the best orders, formations or to buy the best players.

@nik, have a great point there, in other similar games, you can't kill a tank with a gun.
    dave1311 and madflo19 like this.
    Orlova FC - onForum - LIKE Orlova FC - onYoutube - SUBSCRIBE Orlova FC - onFacebook

If there is not chance to lost against team 30% weaker and win against team 30% strong I definitely wouldn't play this game. I do not need 1000, 2000 or 3000 strike without loss. BUT if I lost, want to see that opponent manager make effort to win, I want to see that he win because in this game he is better than me. Last season I lost my CL final against 30% weaker team and opponent manager do not attend. I won many times against him, but in this game nothing works.

I accept troll results (for me in this game there are many worst things), but if Nordeus want to make the game better should correct randomness factor.

Of course I know that this never will happen. Nordeus don care about our opinion and I seriously doubt that they even read what we write.

Dreamer
    Agree... But the problem sometimes we lose to 30% weaker oppo against abandoned team...
    No managers, no training bonuses... No morale and so on