Thread: Keep Losing to Bad Teams - Any Ideas?

Keep Losing to Bad Teams - Any Ideas?

First off, I'd like to send out a warm greeting to all, as this is my first post in the forum. I've been reading for a while now, there is an abundance of good information here. But now to the problem at hand.

I am in Season 11 Level 11, and we just lost 2 of our last 3 games; to the two worst teams in the league. The first game, I did not attend due to sleep (OVR is 69.7, opp was 53). I just put in a counter formation and a couple subs and assumed we'd get it done. Wrong. Lost every statistical battle but possession. Then today, we played the worst team in league, though they had a 63 OVR. But, they had not won a league game yet. As we had just ascended the summit of our league with a win the day before, I put my top xi in a counter formation and woke myself up with an alarm to watch the match. Dominated possession; 72-28. Yet we were outshot, and didn't score until the hour mark. This is where it gets funny; they scored in the 83 and 84th minute after they had just lost a player to injury to win 2-1. HOW IN THE WORLD DID THIS HAPPEN???? If necessary I can try to upload pics, but I want an answer that's not Chelsea v. Sunderland. In both levels 9-10 we were a top 2 overall squad, yet we struggled to qualify for promotion (5th both seasons) against weaker teams. So clearly, this is an extended problem.

Today the first thought of leaving the game that has consumed my life for the past 11 months jumped into my head. I understand some parody, but I can't take this. Thank you for your input, and even just for reading this long post.

I think it's the games way of trying to make you buy tokens hun ???? restart like I did the fun gets back to it or just ride it out !!!! things will get better !!!!! let me know what you decide ?? ok ???

Ps my avatar picture is Rowland !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to stick with it of course. And for the record, I bought 200 tokens about a week ago because I had an iTunes GC I wasn't gonna use for anything. I just miss the earlier levels I dominated at, before the last couple updates.

I think in order to dominate, you have to change the way you manage your teams as you level up. I believe first levels there will be lots of bots or unattended teams due to people losing interest in the game, or it just makes you hooked to the game at the start by making you win. But as you level up, there will be more competitive players who are active, and want to win. So you have to change your management tactics.

Thats what I found to keep up with the better teams.

REMEMBER, you can still win without purchasing tokens with real CASH.

Sometimes you will be put in a league where people will have faced your formation previously and know the counter already. Also you could just be going through a rough patch at the moment. I would say try to ride it out for a few more games to see if anything changes. Also schedule some friendlies against good and bad teams, play with some completely different orders to see how that goes

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Famous
    Don't even attempt to 'counter formation' if the opponent is weaker than you, go 'hard attacking' 'hard pressing' and 'hard tackling', play 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 and let him worry about your formation, not the other way round!!

The counter, if there even is such a thing, is only for when you are wary of the opponent and wanting to avoid defeat.

I'm roughly the same as you, average 70.3, and If I played someone average 53 I'd be expecting to win by at least 5 or 6 goals.

Well it just happened again. In the Cup Top 16. When my opponent didn't even show up. At a home game. I lost 4-0, as they scored 4 second half goals in a 15 minute span. WHAT DO I POSSIBLY DO ABOUT THAT???? I showed up to the match, played a counter, tried switching around some other tactics, and the same thing still happened. It was my 69.7 against a 68, so the OVRs were closer, but I don't get where that explosion comes from, and where my teams's impotence comes from. I won Pos 58-42, and that meant nada. Just so ticked off right now beyond belief, and I have to still pull it together against the Number 1 team in my League later today.

I play 4 3 3 wide. My team is 112.8%. Opponent was 66% and played 3 2 5. Yet the game was 00. This happends ALOT. Idiotic. Yes i give win bonus etc. Feels rigged. I get losing/drawing when the team difference is 10 or 20%. Good teams lose to worse every once in a while but not this much.

Rookie
    hehehehe
    sorry its that time of the season

4th troll result in a row against weaker, abandoned favourites. I’ve never ever tanked in this game but nordeus is doing a damn good job of making it appear like I have!