Thread: Player Ratings

Player Ratings

Got two centre backs in my team with the same rating. One is a centre back and is also trained as a defensive midfielder. The other is just a centre back but his defensive stats are far higher despite both players having the same rating.

So my question is, am I better to only have players trained in one position as their stats can be higher without bringing the overall team rating up? Seems that having white skills for multiple positions is a waste as a player can only play one position at a time.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    If you intend to take a player and pump his white skills make him mutant style (with some 200+ skills), better choose one position player.
    If you want more flexibility in coaching, for example if opponent doesn't have 2 STs , can move your second DC in a DMC position, then use the DC-DMC.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Thanks. That's what I thought. Might start developing more one position players and keep some utility players as backup.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Barfly99 View Post
    Thanks. That's what I thought. Might start developing more one position players and keep some utility players as backup.
    That's what I do. My primary backups are usually something like GK, DC/DR or DC/DL, MC/DMC, AML/AMC/AMR, and ST/AMX. Hopefully not more than 20% lower overall skill than the starter. My thinking is that I will only need that sub for:

1. the last 5-10 minutes of a game (to get the green pack bonus)
    2. to sub in for an injury for the rest of that game only (it never takes more than 15 reds to heal a player no matter how bad the injury so I always heal injured starters 100% right away)
    3. to fill in one game for a suspension

I play a 4-3-3 with 3 MC's and AML/ST/AMR, so for midfield I only ever need a MC sub (never need MR or ML). Also, I try to have one of my starting DC's also have either DR or DL and then have the sub with the other. That way any of the back four can be replaced with no one out of position (same thinking for up front). Flexible subs that may have lower ratings but won't be needed for more than one game.
    Last edited by TropikThunder; 10-14-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    TropikThunder

Seasons: 16
    Level: 16
    League Titles: 8 / Runner-up 2
    Champions League Titles: 4 / Runner-up 3
    Cup Winners: 4 / Runner-up 2
    Trebles: 1

Play with honor, win or lose. #NeverTanker