Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By talisman

Thread: When you feel bad for winning

VFK
    Rookie

When you feel bad for winning

Had a league game against a guy who's in my friend list. He has a star weaker team than me and is fighting for a top 8 finish against managers who all have better team than him. He kept me goalless and even went in lead, until...

When you feel bad for winning-wookash.jpg

When you feel bad for winning-wookash2.jpg

Red card + penalty + late winner combination would've been lucky af alone, but having the red come with the double yellow at the same minute, which ofc shouldn't even be possible, and with him still scoring and me having a late double made this a terribly cheap win.

Another example was a couple of seasons ago against another weaker team in my friend list, who held me even until the late minutes when I injured his player and scored the winner on man-advantage before he got the substitute in.

How about you, do you ever feel bad for winning?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    To tell you the truth, I avoid to have in my friends list managers from same lv and server.
    Barry Brinkhuijsen likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Why should it not be possible to get two yellows in the same minute? It's been done in RL several times - all you have to do is get booked then mouth off to the Ref enough to provoke him to giving you the second one...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

VFK
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Why should it not be possible to get two yellows in the same minute? It's been done in RL several times - all you have to do is get booked then mouth off to the Ref enough to provoke him to giving you the second one...
    Thought it was some lag cause the double yellow, either two to same player or to different guys only happens before penalties, but I guess it makes sense.

In your case the player concerned was obviously having a debate over the legitimacy of the Penalty kick the Ref just awarded to the opposition...
    VFK likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Hi,

the player,after being charged the first card,may have been offensive vs referee or an opponent,being charged again (who knows).

For the rest,a team sometimes may take advantage from a red card for a player ,if he was creating a destabilization for the whole
    team with his problems in the match.

So the team improves its score,but this side effect may finally end as it happened in your match,where
    your changes gave their effects step by step.

VFK
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    In your case the player concerned was obviously having a debate over the legitimacy of the Penalty kick the Ref just awarded to the opposition...
    True, actually I recall the time before the animation when after a penalty being awarded there were commentary like "player spits on somebody" and gets sent off. Now when there's no specific commentary for it, it just felt random when another guy just got a card without further explanation.