Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you use arrows?

Do you use arrows?

I often play with mainly wingers so I put red arrows on my DMC, AML and AMR when I play a 4-5-1V.

I used to have all defence on blue and all attack on red arrows.

My question is how do you spread out arrows? Do they make much of a difference.

Rookie
    Never used, (probably) never will.

How much they actually affect your formation, i got no clue - but i would guess "not alot".

Pro
    Seldom

I was used to red arrows only and at max blue on DMC, but since i adopted the blue arrows on my DCs to let them act as sweeper my goal against dimished sensibly.

Morgan makes a good point about the blue arrows. When I used to adopt arrows to every player, I kept more clean sheets with blue arrows on defence but I wasted a lot of shots with red arrows on MC's. (normally 2 centre midfielders)

I'm going to experiment with arrows against my opponents tomorrow. League match I should definitely win, my champions league match, I'm not so sure. Tough away game, same quality.

Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Morgan makes a good point about the blue arrows. When I used to adopt arrows to every player, I kept more clean sheets with blue arrows on defence but I wasted a lot of shots with red arrows on MC's. (normally 2 centre midfielders)

I'm going to experiment with arrows against my opponents tomorrow. League match I should definitely win, my champions league match, I'm not so sure. Tough away game, same quality.
    I never use more than 5 anyways or the players tend to get confused.

So probably not a good idea?

Ok, I'll apply blue arrows to CB's and red arrows to forward and wingers.

From my understanding and experience, this is what I've noticed...

Blue on defenders invites the attacker to have more long range shots but less 1 on 1 opportunities... So more defensive but vulnerable to players like a shadow striker

Red on defenders is the opposite as they press up the field, reducing the chance of long range shots but are vulnerable to the 1 on 1 opportunity. They also go up for more corners.

So I believe that having no arrows will balance this out. I play with no arrows on all defenders.

Red on AML/AMR increases the number of chances from them. I do this all the time.

Red on ST means more chances from them and probably more corner goals too. My ST hardly ever gets goals from corners but after I gave him red arrows, he seemed to score more from them.

Blue on GK, I believe that this means less chance of the goalkeeper conceding from a long range strike as the goalkeeper doesn't go off his line. This needs more testing though. Although I think you can only do this on mobile and this has been removed from the desktop game. So probably a useless fact.

I don't bother with the rest... Red/Blue on MCs don't have much effect and you probably lose possession for that
    Last edited by dv8r; 04-21-2013 at 02:51 AM.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Thank you dv8r

My two CB's are blue and my attacking wingers and strikers are red.
    My defensive midfielder has scored a few screamers, maybe it has something to do with the red arrow.

I'll post my results and see if the arrows made much difference.

Depends on the current formation I tend to use...

Normally I go with
    DL+DR+AML+AMR:RED
    DMC: BLUE

When I use the 4-1-2-1-2 a red arrow on the AMC could work.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast