Thread: how much does an out-positioned player make difference in the team performance?

how much does an out-positioned player make difference in the team performance?

i have just one striker and my formation is 3-5-2. i have won a lot using this formation but i have a striker less so i have put an AMC/AMR player in the striking position. and i have all 5* players in my squad. how much difference will he make in my team performance?

I have not read anywhere that they will under perform? But i think it might affect their moral.

nice..may be u are lucky !!

i see no changes in his morale i think becoz he is playing regularly

Addicted
    someone (i think July, but not sure) said it will give you 5% less possession.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Banned
    can someone please confirm what will happen when you play players out of position?

Rookie
    It would be terrible if it meant a 5%-possession loss regardless of the team's skill, but also explain quite a few things.

I usually play my star winger Bouzgarrou out of position when I need to counter opponents' formations that require a flat midfield as he's an AML/AMC. He does regularly get goals and good reviews though. Could probably be better then..

I think that putting a player only slightly out of position, has only a small bearing on the game / his morale. However, it's not advisable to do it for any length of time (matches wise). I have a AMC / AML that I use on occassions as a back-up striker, and he's usually played well. But when I played him there for 3 consequetive matches, his morale started to drop faster.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

thank you all for the replies