Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pleasures

Thread: Sell all "old" players ?

Sell all "old" players ?

Hello Managers,

I would like to have your opinion over a question i have in my head,

I'm actually a level 10 manager, i came back 2 months ago from a long period without playing the game.

The first month i came back, i bought a lot of new players, they were 19-20 old players, i finished 3rd of my championship, and 2nd in cup (green one)

This season my players are getting older, i changed my DL, DR, and one DC with all young players 18 yo, but this was so expensive.

I'm already thinking to the next season, must we really sell all players that are older than 21 yo ? i know that they are not as fast learning as young ones, but doing that cost a lot.

I wanna have your point of view over that, or maybe can i stay with the majority of them, and cell them when they are 23-24 ? or more ?

I train my players until the age of 24. When they are 25, I buy an 18 year old replacement fast trainer. Then I train the new player, who replaces the older one either the season I bought him or the season after (with 19 years). Sometimes I let a 26 year old play as well, even when his overall quality isnt that high, when he got good skills and performs well.

So generally I have a cycle of 7 seasons (19-25) in which a player is a starter, with 25 a new 18 year old is bought for this position, so when the other guy turns 26 he gets on the bench. It works really well for me this way.

I do pretty much the same. I have a couple of legends in their 30's who are starters but that's it.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Addicted
    Not working for me, every season going in higher league makes players loosing stars, in 3-4 season even 8 star player become not much of a use, so i have diff aproach, getting 3 players each season from scouting, that is cheaper than hire a special coach, and 1 or 2 from assistant, that players are usefull for 3 seasons so every 3 seasons my team is fuly renewed in start lineup ,old players are on bench to replace suspended player and for training

Apprentice
    Train anyone who isnt in your first xi to 19,39,59,79 etc..........wait for offers through negotiations, that way you get money for the old player plus a few tokens
    Der_Ryan_M and TomasoBG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DzStars View Post
    Hello Managers,

I would like to have your opinion over a question i have in my head,

I'm actually a level 10 manager, i came back 2 months ago from a long period without playing the game.

The first month i came back, i bought a lot of new players, they were 19-20 old players, i finished 3rd of my championship, and 2nd in cup (green one)

This season my players are getting older, i changed my DL, DR, and one DC with all young players 18 yo, but this was so expensive.

I'm already thinking to the next season, must we really sell all players that are older than 21 yo ? i know that they are not as fast learning as young ones, but doing that cost a lot.

I wanna have your point of view over that, or maybe can i stay with the majority of them, and cell them when they are 23-24 ? or more ?

I'm obsessed about keeping my squad age to 20 and below. Any old farts are sold faster than you can blink. lol. Not for any strategic reason, mind - just for aesthetic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by pleasures View Post
    Train anyone who isnt in your first xi to 19,39,59,79 etc..........wait for offers through negotiations, that way you get money for the old player plus a few tokens
    This is a good strategy, but at lower levels, offers for players are pretty scarce, let alone worthwhile ones.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by pleasures View Post
    not so lucky with selling old players on negotiation... Rarely got offer nowadays... Player age of 18 and 19 is the best