Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By maloukees
  • 1 Post By Siddas

Thread: Assistant manager advice

Addicted

Assistant manager advice

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the AM advice. I know that we need to only occasionally follow his advice but I’m confused about one. When he says “we seem to lack attacking edge. Why don’t we try a more direct attacking approach?”, what does it mean? Is it a useful advice? If it is, then what should I change?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    This is a troll comment.
    Ignore it.
    Sometimes it means that your attackers have a "bad" day.
    Make a sub if you didn't have so far.
    Maybe reverse smthing
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Addicted
    assistant should be more useful, at least he can be more anticipated in substitutions, we should be able to tap on player at the field and get command -substitute- and asistant do it with player that mostly fit to that position without this pulling in from bench, till you do that, -sometimes it dont work and must repeat it, - half of halftime gone

Famous
    AM advise always do not follow...

Last advice... "With this defense tactice we ca not score" or something like that I was 2-0 ahead and won with changing nothiong 5-0...
    gslgregory likes this.

Apprentice
    Personally, when he says that, It's around the time in the game I'm thinking the exact same thing. Usually if my opponent's team is featured more in the "live-match" footage than my team it's because my team is giving up possession, either because they lack direction or my attackers are out of form. But I play all games with mixed passing and mixed pass focus so I have more elbow room to fix when this happens compared to others on here. Usually when I switch the pass focus to "Down Both Flanks" it helps. My attackers I guess were trying to be too fancy before, and simple, get-it-down-the-field instructions can kick start the attacking edge you are apparently lacking. But look for the signs. Did your team miss an open goal or corner-kick header? Usually a sign of a troll result. Does your team keep getting caught off-side or blocked? Usually a sign that your tactics aren't working- meaning there's room for you make them work but waiting for them to do it on their own is usually not the answer.

Sorry that this was such a long post but I do believe that you can turn results around, but blindly listening to the assistant is never the case. Do what you feel, it's your team.

PS- If switching tactics don't work, I would inject a new attacker into the game. Watch your ratings, see who's doing poorly and sub them out. Usually a fresh 6.5 is better than a struggling 6.8. I don't make subs before 65' too
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Addicted
    Thanks everyone for the responses! I will try to do the suggestions (change tactics, make subs, etc) to see the results.

I never follow this advice.
    Im sometimes leading 6-0 or something similar 1st leg in cups and winning the 2nd leg and he will say we are still losing on aggregate.
    or our attack are outnumbered by their defence and we can't get through when im leading with my attackers on the score sheet
    great advice.
    my advice is judge ur own performance and let ur assistant ramble on to himself as he seems to be on drugs in the dugout.
    gslgregory likes this.