Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Stuck with same token buyers every season

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    One or the other, cant have both. Does he want to be in the same league AGAIN or does he want 100% to be in different league?

Tank the season, strengthen your team and win all trophies NEXT season.
    I am in the same position as the OP but I don't think I can tank enough to drop to 8th. Please see standings below. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

I am in third, division two. Pretty obvious who bought the two token teams in this league - please help, I need out

Stuck with same token buyers every season-387324_454033878004964_1254536229_n.jpg

Rookie
    you must buying tokens too bro

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
    QPRFC,

I just wanted to say, I feel for you Man. In my league I have a guy who not only bought one Token Team but "TWO" for Pete's Sake !!!

Very unethical way to play the game and very frustrating to know you only have a shot at third when in 9 out of ten leagues I would be in first right now with my team.

Every other day I feel like quitting, starting a new facebook account and building a team from scratch - Worst part is, it's a friend of mine that doesen't feel he is doing anything wrong

Any Advice - please share or message me too,

Thanks,
    FlyingV
    There is nothing wrong with buying a team. People can use their money however they want. Of course, it is not fair. I dont think Nordeus cares anyways how fair the game is as long as they get their money from Tommy-token.

Let me put it this way, since I have not seen anyone put it this way before...

Buying tokens is the same as using HGH/Steroids for athletes. EXACTLY the same. It enhances the performance, so to speak, and gives an unfair advantage in the competition. Nobody can argue this, as it is fact.

So what Nordeus has done is create an unfair, free-for-all, football "simulation" website to make money. Pretty obvious right? (Spend/take) your (money/Steroids) and win against all the (free/normal) (managers/athletes). How am I doing so far?

I know I can't compete vs Tommy-token. Best I can do is hope for a game-engine meltdown and eke out a one-of-a-kind upset or hope for a tie at best. When this competition becomes more fair(without buying tokens), I will start to care more because that will be when the real competition starts, when I will be required to really manage a team.

Many managers have gone many seasons without buying tokens and they have won trophies, I know this has happened and will continue to happen, BUT there are more winners who buy tokens than winners who DON'T buy tokens. I would like to see Tommy-token compete WITHOUT buying tokens and see how well he does. Level the playing field and see if he is a manager or just a buyer.

All this to say, there should be a separate website/competition where you can not buy tokens.
    FlyingV likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksparrow View Post
    you must buying tokens too bro
    No, I don't want to be buying Tokens. I know the game and started off with a decent squad. I am the "Third" place team in this division -Please see standings !!

Banned
    No, I don't want to be buying Tokens. I know the game and started off with a decent squad. I am the "Third" place team in this division -Please see standings !!
    With 9 games left, Claudia FC has to win 8 and you have to lose all of your remaining games. Its possible, but highly unlikely.

In your case, I would continue to win and get in CL and HOPE they dont put you in the same bracket as Tommy-token again. Just to make sure, you should un-friend him if he is your friend, as that might help you be put in a different league.

Good luck

Colin OUT!
    FlyingV likes this.

Rookie
    "Tommy - token" did put a smile on my face

Thanks for your thoughtful response Cracicot,

Much Apreciated,
    Thanks again,
    FlyingV
    Last edited by FlyingV; 04-26-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Banned
    "Tommy - token" did put a smile on my face Very frusterating though my friend. I can see the guy buying one team if he needs to BUT two in the same division. Don't you agree that's a little over board to say the least?

Thanks for your thoughtful response Cracicot,

Much Apreciated,
    Thanks again,
    FlyingV
    No worries. I had the same situation last season where the guy had a stacked scout team with world-class players and trained to the max, but he tied 2 games and won the rest. (one of the ties was vs me..0-0 - the only team to keep him from scoring! )

But 2 teams like this in the same league is just bad luck. I hated playing for second place, but I dont see much difference playing for third since you still get a "trophy". Nobody remembers who comes in 2nd. Great quote.

Did you say it was the same person who owns both token teams?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12