Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Youth Academy, aka Useless academy (haha)

Apprentice

Youth Academy, aka Useless academy (haha)

Is it just me or having academy "starlets" "graduates" or whatever you want to call them, appear at the end of the season seem useless to you? My youth center is maxed out but I always get the 4.1* and 2* offer of a player at the end of my seasons and I'm just like, why can't it produce higher leveled players? I know they are young but I have never signed one due to logical reasoning. We are at the end of the season, don't really need reinforcement especially one that won't make an immediate impact. By next season that 4.1* will drop to a 3.1* and will I ever use him even after promoting him back to 4*? Is there a way out there to make your youth offers have higher star levels?
    I think that once the facility is maxed out you should be able to produce 5* to 6* youth players, or at least a 5* and a 4* instead of a 4* and a 3*. This is why i suggested a loan system before, these players could be starters 3 levels below me and can get enough training and game experience to become 7*, meaning when they return back to me they would be 5* players. If I want to loan them out again I can. Maybe there is something about this feature I am missing but I think it is utterly useless.
    Francicic01 likes this.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Although I am only a new manager ,even I can see that loan players would be a problem and too easily rorted. Think about it , you have 2 teams , 1 team about 2-4 levels above the other , who you going to loan these Academy players to ? Yourself and your lower level team is just getting great players for nearly nothing although the wages bill might be a problem at the lower levels of the game , maybe not so much once you reach a certain level.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

Addicted
    loan players isnt good for this game, howewer, we really need improvement in youth players, it should at least be possible to chose what position needed for team, another option can be that we could send 4 star youth back to academy pay some tokens (3-6) and get 5-6 star player at start of next season and that player will have 5 year contract and cant be sold for 2 seasons. Another option could be to have youth team play friendly games with other youth teams to improve players - ages 18-22 - generated results without watching

I agree that the youth system needs to be improved. It all depends how much players are going for on the auctions. From your youth academy you can get an 18 year old fast trainer, 4* for 14 tokens. You then need to use a lot of greens to get him up to 5* or 6*, but he trains well. From the auction (mine at least) you can get an 18 year old fast trainer for 15-20 tokens (although it varies a lot). So for me, at the moment it's better to buy from auctions. If they increased the quality you got from the academy maybe the balance would shift.

Famous
    I get 2 free 18 yo's a season, train a SA and maybe another position and sell them for 4 or 5 tokens next season, that's what the Academy is for me
    Pawel likes this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I get 2 free 18 yo's a season, train a SA and maybe another position and sell them for 4 or 5 tokens next season, that's what the Academy is for me
    excactly, that is most ppl do, including me from time to time, but...,you see, paying.6-12 tokens for better youth player, and spend few tokens more to get better player that need for team is more use for me than train and waiting someone to offer few tokens and in meantime need to fill gap in team and spending 15, 20 or more tokens on auctions or scouting
    Manager level : 40
    League trophies : 20
    Champion League : 4
    Cup trophies 10
    Super League 2
    Super Cup 1

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    I agree that the youth system needs to be improved. It all depends how much players are going for on the auctions. From your youth academy you can get an 18 year old fast trainer, 4* for 14 tokens. You then need to use a lot of greens to get him up to 5* or 6*, but he trains well. From the auction (mine at least) you can get an 18 year old fast trainer for 15-20 tokens (although it varies a lot). So for me, at the moment it's better to buy from auctions. If they increased the quality you got from the academy maybe the balance would shift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    4* - 10 tokens
    5* - 14 tokens

Apprentice
    Not so useless, quite fast if you develop them (especially the token one).

If you "that person" whose doesn't have much time , they are your best choice for fast trainer type player, well if you have more time for this game, you can wait them show up at the auction.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    100% agree.

It’s hard to improve academy players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast