Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Der_Ryan_M

Thread: One-on-One Scorer

Apprentice

One-on-One Scorer

Is it just me or is it required to have a one-on-one scorer attributed ST for any formation utilizing 1 striker at the top? It seems all my STs act as assist-masters if they don't have this attribute. I bought a 6* turned 7* ST last season to replace my former starting ST and the new striker only scored 10 goals in league and like 3 goals across other competitions. All season. He started every league game and most of the cup games. Obviously, not gonna work out so I bought another ST with the 1 on 1 attribute and he has scored 11 goals in 11 games this season (I have a great bench so he has sat out most CL and cup matches). The ST b4 the failed striker also had 1 on 1 attribute and he hold the highest goal scorer and assist maker of my club history. So, long paragraph longer, anyone else think 1 on 1 is required for a succesful striker? I know it isn't but it just seems if you want a Harry Kane-esque performance you need this attribute. Let me know what you think.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Addicted
    i think all depend on formations, yours and oponent, though, i play with 1 striker and 3 atacking mudfielders and my st scores apo 20 goals in season in all competetions, most goals for me comes from wingers, and i noticed that 1 on 1 does not help much, at least to me, so i rather take st-amc with dribling skill if i find it on market.
    Seems some skils are broken, since i switch my pk taker who have pk skill with free kick skiled player or shadow striker my team miss way more pk than before

My lone 27 yo 89% ST , with no added SA either ,who plays with 3 attacking midfielders buzzing around him has managed 11 goals out of a team total of 43 in the League this season. Not proof of anything just a small sample really.
    I agree though ,its hard to get those really big wins of old against rubbish opposition ,you still get some I guess( 7-0 is my biggest so far this season) but a lot more 1/2/3 -0 wins.
    LEAGUE WINNER 8
    LEAGUE RUNNER UP 5
    CUP WINNER 4
    CUP RUNNER UP 4
    C.L. WINNER 2
    C.L. RUNNER UP 4
    TREBLES 1
    SUPER CUP WINNER 2
    CUP DOUBLES 3
    CUP TREBLES 1

I can't confirm, my best strikers have always been freekick takers. I find the 1on1 striker ability to be not that useful and would recommend the free kick taker on ST and therefor more shadow strikers as the AML/AMR/AMC.