How to beat 4-3-1-2

---ST---ST---
    -----AMC-----
    --MC-MC-MC--
    ---------------
    DL-DC---DC-DR

How to beat this formation?

Apprentice
    What are the teams' qualities? Home and away?

------ST---ST------
    --------------------
    -ML-----MC-----MR-
    ----DMC----DMC----
    -DL------DC-----DR-

To counter their formation, I would go with this formation and attack him down the wings. Do you have the personnel for it? Your wide midfielders would be quite free with only one MC in their zone to mark them. Up arrows on fullbacks and wingers to overwhelm their fullbacks.

Rookie
    His average quality is just 1 star below mine. But i don't really trust quality now as i draw with a team of 1stars.
    ---ST----ST---
    ---------------
    ML-MC--MC-MR
    ------DMC-----
    --DC--DC--DC--
    -------GK------

This is my current set up. I am only short of a DL for the formation you have given me. Will this be ok?

I believe this is not the first time you're helping me. I really appreciate it (:

Mine teaching me how do you come up with the counter formations? I am really bad at reading formations.
    Last edited by sher8853; 11-30-2012 at 03:09 PM.

-----ST-----
    ---------------
    ML-MC-MC-MC-MR
    DL--DC--DC--DR
    -------GK------

Is the strongest lineup versus most of the formations i think.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas Maggi View Post
    -----ST-----
    ---------------
    ML-MC-MC-MC-MR
    DL--DC--DC--DR
    -------GK------

Is the strongest lineup versus most of the formations i think.
    Really?

Apprentice
    @Andreas, your formation is very flat. I believe a flat 3-5-2 could win against it, it might come down to home and away, or simply who's the stronger team. Personally, I never use that formation as I don't use wide midfielders, only attacking wingers if I go wide, but might change the build of my squad next season to be more flexible.

@sher, I come up with counter formations through the way in Justdome's guide in the thread started by Accy, it's quite recent in the forums. Every attacking player must be at least double marked, but I try to place players to triple mark the opponents. A player is marked when he is in a square right next to your player. I'm a big fan of DMCs as I start to mark from the opponent's MCs and forward, and DMCs can mark on all three layers; MC, AMC and ST layers.

I believe your formation is just as good, but do you mean you have no DL at all in your squad? And also, I don't mean the stars when I ask about the opponent, I mean the exact number of average quality. A screenshot of both squads would be better still.

Rookie
    @Aaron I see, i will look up in that thread. Is the player marked when he is in the same square? Will it be more effective than putting in the same square compared to beside the square?
    I had used a strange formation of
    ---ST---ST---
    --------------
    ML---MC---MR
    --DMC----DMC--
    --DC--DC--DC--
    and won the match with 4-1.

My next match is a team of 1stars which i draw 2-2 the other day.
    He is using 4-4-2 formation and i think i draw that match because i have no wing defenders.
    I am planning of using this formation to counter 4-4-2
    ------------ST----------
    ------AMC-----AMC-----
    --ML------MC-------MR-
    ------------------------
    --DL----DC----DC----DR--
    I'll buy a DL. But i'll use a MC and a ST for both the AMC spots.

Apprentice
    I think it's better not to play anyone out of position. If you are stronger than him, then maybe you can match him with 4-4-2 and everyone in position, and play offensively. You still haven't told me, what is your quality and what is his quality?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Ramsey Tiong View Post
    I think it's better not to play anyone out of position. If you are stronger than him, then maybe you can match him with 4-4-2 and everyone in position, and play offensively. You still haven't told me, what is your quality and what is his quality?

Opponent team How to beat 4-3-1-2-t11-1-.jpg
    Previous results How to beat 4-3-1-2-t11-2-.jpg
    My team. (Same formation which resulted in a draw) How to beat 4-3-1-2-tp11.jpg

I just bought a DL so i can use 4-4-2 too.
    Last edited by sher8853; 12-01-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Apprentice
    The opponent changed formation? Having seen the teams, I would say your formation does not matter too much. Pick any players you want, maybe your youngest players to get the most development, and then play them in a legal formation attacking down the wings. 4-5-1V or something similar would be good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast