Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Nordeus Cup

Rookie

Nordeus Cup

I dont understand. Why can't the cup be decided by level instead of quality? Isn't it obviously more fair? Is there a reason to fit us according to quality instead of level? I'm tired of playing people who are 2-3 levels higher than me.
    olayer9 likes this.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiballz View Post
    I dont understand. Why can't the cup be decided by level instead of quality? Isn't it obviously more fair? Is there a reason to fit us according to quality instead of level? I'm tired of playing people who are 2-3 levels higher than me.
    take it as a compliment. If you are playing managers 2-3 levels higher than you, then they have ****ty teams. But that being said, they can upgrade their teams to a point where you cannot compete without sacrificing your first born son. So maybe they can add the aspect of cup-tied players to the mix and you are stuck with the team you enter with. of course that leads to some issues should you buy-sell 10 players but this would prevent such a thing where you enter with a certain quality level and then buy all scouts to win the competition, which happens still to this day.
    kullehh likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    take it as a compliment. If you are playing managers 2-3 levels higher than you, then they have ****ty teams. But that being said, they can upgrade their teams to a point where you cannot compete without sacrificing your first born son. So maybe they can add the aspect of cup-tied players to the mix and you are stuck with the team you enter with. of course that leads to some issues should you buy-sell 10 players but this would prevent such a thing where you enter with a certain quality level and then buy all scouts to win the competition, which happens still to this day.
    EXACTLY! I'm not asking about any complicated additions like that, i'm just asking isn't it a better system to arrange by level?
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

It is a **** Idea..Nordeus should change it..

Apprentice
    I think its fair, CL is about level, cup about quality... if cup was dependant on level, it would be the same as CL. It gives the mediocre teams a chance to win some trophies. Token buyers will win CL and league anyway.
    SimplySimon, cracicot and herdo like this.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

I like playing teams a few levels above. Yes I had to play a few better teams, but it's my one big challenge this season and the most fun part of the game - tense, nerve-wracking, exciting. Beating a Level 4 who had world class players, watched both games and brought a friend to support him was the highlight!

Edit: I'm in the final! Probably against a Level 5 team who are awesome, but happy to be there regardless
    Last edited by SimplySimon; 04-30-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

The cup sistem is based by level at this moment but you can meet teams with 1 or 2 levels higher but not very good teams, with a rating closer to yours

How about you meet teams that are 5 levels higher and with legend players in their squad like it was before? Would you like that?
    Last edited by Rubenito; 04-30-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    Extraterestrii - Level 25-Season 27
    19 Times League Winner - 4 Times League Runners Up-1 3rd place
    11 Champions League Winners - 4 Times CL 3rd Place
    1 CUP 2nd place, 1 CUP 3rd place

My Team: http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...nian-team.html
    Our club official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Extra...19484014750358

Junior Aliens in the 35 T League

1 35T CUP TROPHY-
    1 League Trophy

Top Eleven Romanian Forum Moderator

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    I like playing teams a few levels above. Yes I had to play a few better teams, but it's my one big challenge this season and the most fun part of the game - tense, nerve-wracking, exciting. Beating a Level 4 who had world class players, watched both games and brought a friend to support him was the highlight!

Edit: I'm in the final! Probably against a Level 5 team who are awesome, but happy to be there regardless
    Good to see someone actually gets excited for games. Glad someone gets happy about playing Tommy token.

After almost 4 seasons, I dont get excited anymore. Its more of a "Do I really give a ****" attitude now. At this point, I look at the cup bracket and laugh. I need to spend tokens to actually have a chance to compete. I dont like to count on the luck factor of the NGE, because I just lost 2 league games in a row with literal last min goals against the 2nd and 3rd place teams. out of 22 games I have now lost 3, so they come at a bad time. Still in first by one point, but someone at Nordeus flipped a switch, if you know what I mean.

In other words, the honeymoon is over and now Im looking for some fun on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubenito View Post
    How about you meet teams that are 5 levels higher and with legend players in their squad? Would you like that?
    Sorry, my mistake - legend is 8* is it? Doesn't show on the phone so I got it confused. So for example in the final I'll play a guy with 4 8* and 6 7* (two of his 8* are 1 point from 9*)

I'm not expecting to win, I didn't expect to beat the other guy I mentioned above, but it is exciting to try. Like being Peterborough Utd and trying to play Chelsea. And I had my scalp this season, so I'm already very happy with my progress

But as someone else said above, in the League and CL I already play against teams at my level so it's nice to have a competition with a bit more of a challenge. I'm guessing you only get teams that are 5 levels above you if you power train, in which case you can get world class/superstar/legends in your own team. But you shouldn't be able to do that and then just stroll through every competition

I honestly don't understand where the fun is in that anyway
    Last edited by SimplySimon; 04-30-2013 at 03:25 PM.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post

I'm not expecting to win, I didn't expect to beat the other guy I mentioned above, but it is exciting to try. Like being Peterborough Utd and trying to play Chelsea. And I had my scalp this season, so I'm already very happy with my progress
    And Peterbourough Utd are convinced that only a miracle can make them advance in the competition
    Extraterestrii - Level 25-Season 27
    19 Times League Winner - 4 Times League Runners Up-1 3rd place
    11 Champions League Winners - 4 Times CL 3rd Place
    1 CUP 2nd place, 1 CUP 3rd place

My Team: http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...nian-team.html
    Our club official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Extra...19484014750358

Junior Aliens in the 35 T League

1 35T CUP TROPHY-
    1 League Trophy

Top Eleven Romanian Forum Moderator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast