Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By deezulboy
  • 1 Post By Richie72

Thread: Purposely losing league games?

Purposely losing league games?

Hi all. I'm in my 10th season and I've moved up each season. When I started this season there were 2 teams with 130%+ ratings...easily the top rated teams in my league. I was expecting them to contend for the title but they both lost pretty much every game. I'm currently in 2nd..a couple games ago I was in first when I played one of these teams. I was expecting an easy win, but that didn't happen. All of a sudden after not just losing but getting killed every game, they beat me. The did win the next game too but then today they got killed again by a weaker team. I checked their tactics and he had transferred all of his worst players into starting position, and not only that but moved all of his players all the way to the sidelines. The only thing I could think of was that he was purposely losing the league so he wouldn't move up and would have an advantage in the cup and champions league again next season. I'm going to guess that this is what he was doing and that most likely im not the first person to ask about it...it wouldn't bother me except it very well might cost me a league championship. The 2 teams I am competing against both got free wins against these teams and then they turned around and decided to beat me. Now I'm 1 point out of first, the 2 teams I'm competing against play each other, and I am playing the 2nd team high rated team I was talking about..They are in last place losing every game until the last 2 games all of a sudden they're winning big. So now I'm looking at a good chance that I'll lose that game as well which would basically mean the other teams got 6 extra free points. As stupid as I think it is to purposely throw games, it wouldn't bother me if all else was fair, but if you're going to do that, why is this person all of a sudden deciding to play hard when it only affects me? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm completely obsessed with this game and love it but this is the first time something happened that has really taken me out of the realism and feel of it. Any thoughts?

There are many many many threads on tanking in the forum. This is exactly the situation you see here.
    ROMANBY VILLAGE FC (founded December 24th 2013)
    Level 121
    49 League
    8 Champions League
    3 Super League
    12 Cup

1 Super Cup

Top Eleven Forum Moderator

Ya I assumed...I was just so frustrated.. It would be nice if they would allow people to report teams that do that. It just takes a lot of fun out of the game. With that said. I just actually won my game lol i can't believe it...nice early goal and held for the 1-0 win. 1st place should be 2 days away!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by deezulboy View Post
    Hi all. I'm in my 10th season and I've moved up each season. When I started this season there were 2 teams with 130%+ ratings...easily the top rated teams in my league. I was expecting them to contend for the title but they both lost pretty much every game. I'm currently in 2nd..a couple games ago I was in first when I played one of these teams. I was expecting an easy win, but that didn't happen. All of a sudden after not just losing but getting killed every game, they beat me. The did win the next game too but then today they got killed again by a weaker team. I checked their tactics and he had transferred all of his worst players into starting position, and not only that but moved all of his players all the way to the sidelines. The only thing I could think of was that he was purposely losing the league so he wouldn't move up and would have an advantage in the cup and champions league again next season. I'm going to guess that this is what he was doing and that most likely im not the first person to ask about it...it wouldn't bother me except it very well might cost me a league championship. The 2 teams I am competing against both got free wins against these teams and then they turned around and decided to beat me. Now I'm 1 point out of first, the 2 teams I'm competing against play each other, and I am playing the 2nd team high rated team I was talking about..They are in last place losing every game until the last 2 games all of a sudden they're winning big. So now I'm looking at a good chance that I'll lose that game as well which would basically mean the other teams got 6 extra free points. As stupid as I think it is to purposely throw games, it wouldn't bother me if all else was fair, but if you're going to do that, why is this person all of a sudden deciding to play hard when it only affects me? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm completely obsessed with this game and love it but this is the first time something happened that has really taken me out of the realism and feel of it. Any thoughts?
    Once I had 4 tanking teams that played at their best against me. I think that someway they didn't like my team or they made on purpose to make me lost league and Top scorer challenge... But that was only once, luckely...

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LOS ABRANTES FC View Post
    Once I had 4 tanking teams that played at their best against me. I think that someway they didn't like my team or they made on purpose to make me lost league and Top scorer challenge... But that was only once, luckely...
    i don't mind tankers if they didn't compromise other contenders but when they do it p***ses me off. if they just got on with their **** all would be fine. they often forget after a cup or ucl game to put their teams back to the reserves and they deserve a kick up the arse for that. had the same tanker in my league for the past 5 months (he failed to avoid promotion for 5 seasons hahahaha and lost 20% each season from 189% to 169% to 149% to 129% and now 109% and still with us only NOW i kick his arse cos he's busy rebuilding his squad the dirty little rat
    Altiplano likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by deezulboy View Post
    That's why i hate tankers

Report him? End of season though and you won't face him next season since they tanked. Also not sure if any punishment will be issued. I would still report it for the good of the community.

Report what ? That he played good, for a win ?
    Here are some good ideas, read it
    https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...gue-level.html