Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By kaiballz

Thread: Nordeus Cup

Rookie

Nordeus Cup

I realise that it isn't the usual practice in this forum to praise Nordeus, but sometimes i believe its good to give compliments when its actually due. I do not know if the moderators will relay this to the producers but i certainly hope they will, as it can be assuring to know that they have indeed made some good decisions for the game.

There have been postulates that the current method Nordeus uses to group the Cup is by average quality; not of the entire squad, but of the first team only. I think this is a better method than average quality of the squad, which makes us buy junk players to fill up the squad and defeats the purpose of a football manager game. By only looking at the quality of the first team, we are allowed to actually build a squad; 4-5 star players for our bench instead of looking for 3star players that we will never use.

I would, however, ask for some transparency in the game mechanics; instead of letting the players guess randomly and complaining when they realise they guessed wrongly, why not make the system transparent? We know how the league is formed; we know champions league is formed by level. I'm asking that the Nordeus Cup be just as transparent.

Thank you.

EDIT: Therefore, the point i'm putting is this: Originally, i was one of those people flaming the new cup system which pitted me against higher level opponents who upgraded easily. However, I have since changed my mind as the system i suggested would make the Nordeus Cup and the Champions league cup the same. I now support the Nordeus Cup system, but I feel it would garner more support if you were to make it transparent in the way the grouping is formed.
    Last edited by kaiballz; 05-02-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Holy smokes, a positive post! If anyone relays forum comments to the dev team, take note - mostly a good job, a bit more open and honest communication (i.e. you know, a dialogue) would be even better
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Holy smokes, a positive post! If anyone relays forum comments to the dev team, take note - mostly a good job, a bit more open and honest communication (i.e. you know, a dialogue) would be even better
    It had to happen at some point. There are a lot of unhappy people on this forum and for good reason. Not everyone is "out to get" big, bad NOrdeus. Some people just like getting pwned in the cup.

Rookie
    small edit in OP
    My Team
    Zhikai F.C - Season 10
    League - Champions: 7 , Runners Up: 1
    Champions League - Champions: 3 , Runners Up: 2
    Cup - Champions: 1 , Runners Up: 1
    Season 6: Perfect League Run: 26-0-0!
    Season 10: World Cup champions!

My Team

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    It had to happen at some point. There are a lot of unhappy people on this forum and for good reason. Not everyone is "out to get" big, bad NOrdeus. Some people just like getting pwned in the cup.
    It's a rare thng, most people only vent and never praise (regardless of quality of product/service) - credit to the OP
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner