Page 222 of 227 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Apprentice
    so thats it! just finished my last game of the season, a 3-0 victory at home to Zaid FC. 2 goals for top scorer Zganiacz takes his final tally to 29. 16-2-8 record. Coolio FC finish 4th. hopefilly ill get a generous draw in the cup tomorrow, so i dont have to rush back my injured players
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

for the fourth time in a row, we won the championship. here are the statistics of this season:

so far in these four years we have never lost a game, our unbeaten run in the league is therefore of 104 matches
    shwanko07 and Chris Rath like this.

FC Kneipenkick league update:

Player of the season:
    Last edited by Chris Rath; 06-01-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Cool

Well Folks, Its that time again...

July Fourth Season Review

July Fourth Season Summary (Game Season 40, My Season 18, My Level 18)

League
    Final Position 1st Played 26 Won 22 Drawn 4 Lost 0 GF 78 GA 11 GD +67 PTS 70
    We had a rather shaky and disappointing start to the league this season with registering 4 draws in the first 10 games and not scoring too many goals. We drew games against bournemouth,steauaa,FC Navoski and Thai Team but we won the main games against our early league rivals Takis and Mehmet to get at the top of the pile through "middle weekend" and then once we were into the second half of the league season we were highly consistent to end the league season by winning 16 games in a row to finish the league unbeaten, it was a sound defensive job as we only conceded 11 goals all season which was one of the main reasons we had such a successful compaign and as our rivals beat each other we won the league by 19 points.

Champions League
    Final Position Runner-Up Played 13 Won 11 Drawn 1* Lost 1 GF 37 GA 7 GD +30 (* Lost Final On Penalties)
    The Champions League was a decent campaign for us when you look back at it, but it was disappointing to end the way it did for us. We started with a perfect 6-0-0 record in the group stages for the 5th time in 6 seasons and won easily in the Last 16 against FC Seti, We suffered a shock 1-0 loss to Equimetal SAD before winning the 2nd leg 3-0 and then we went on to easily win both legs of the semi-final against JONCLAB, but it was all in vain after having lead 1-0 in the final, LIVERPOON FT equalised and then went onto take the title from us on penalties.

Cup
    Final Position KO in Preliminary Played 2 Won 0 Drawn 1 Lost 1 GF 3 GA 7 GD -4
    Another disappointing cup campaign under the new system, we were unfortunately drawn against an active strong L19 team red star(1 level higher than us) and they basically had too much quality for our team which was suffering from the problems of recruiting non-existant talent on the TM or scout list and we we soundly beaten in the first leg 5-1, before we got a respectable 2-2 draw in the second leg, the toughness of our opponents was confirmed this season as they reached the last 16 drawsheet but were eliminated then and also red star won their L19 league... how are supposed to compete here?

Total Games in all 3 competitions: Played 41 Won 33 Drawn 6 Lost 2 GF 118 GA 25 GD +93
    In summary this was an average season in the end for July Fourth, we didn't score a lot of goals but our defence only leaked 18 goals in both the league and CL combined which was good, but unbeaten league season is the only plus point to take from this season. It is hugely disappointing to lose the CL on Penalties but having said that we didn't deserve to win because we didn't play that great in the final. So what was a difficult season for us, we done well to get what we could out of it.

Appearances
    39 - Stacey Papaleo, Aaron Ramirez, Tony Adams
    37 - Miku
    36 - Michu
    33 - Jet Hogan, David Seaman
    31 - Ronnie O'Sullivan
    30 - Ivor Hardy
    28 - Igor Kareski
    26 - Chuck Norris, Ludek Novotny
    24 - Jonathan Aued, Kevin Mensah
    22 - Leigh McNamara
    18 - Alex Zidane, Kasper Petersen

Top Goalscorers
    25 - Stacey Papaleo
    21 - Michu
    17 - Miku
    7 - Ivor Hardy, Ronnie O'Sullivan
    5 - Chuck Norris, Alex Zidane, Tony Adams
    4 - Leigh McNamara, Aaron Ramirez, Tomas Jurc

Top Assists
    20 - Michu
    16 - Stacey Papaleo
    6 - Alex Zidane
    5 - Miku

Man Of The Match
    8 - Stacey Papaleo
    7 - Michu
    5 - Miku

Performance of The Season
    Equimetal SAD 0-3 July Fourth (Champions League Quarter-Final, Second Leg)
    Trailing 1-0 from the 1st leg, July Fourth needed to get a good performance to qualify for the Semi-Final. But they didn't do a good performance, they did a great performance... slowly dragging themselves back into the match and getting on top of the tie to qualify well in the end.

Disappointments Of The Season
    July Fourth 1-1 LIVERPOON FT (Champions League Final - Lost on Penalties) Pff... Say no more.
    No good young players to sign at the start of the season and No good scouts all season. Early youth player on day 4 not playing the position we would of liked otherwise he would of been signed.

July Fourth Player Of The Season
    In what could be described as an 'Average' season for July Fourth, there wasn't too many players that really performed. Our long serving main squad players lacked quality this season and that contributed into losing the CL. Mensah,McNamara,Zidane and Novotny were no longer good enough any more and with the exception of Zidane they all had poor seasons. 2 players Jurc and Aued are worth a mention because they were brought in for reserve players and both of these 2 players put in good performances all season and did the job that they were brought in for and both will leave at the beginning of next season. Defensive wise we were sound this season, the quartet of Seaman,Adams,Ramirez and Hogan were like a brick wall by letting in 18 goals all season in the league and CL combined, one of our lowest totals. Midfield-wise we were disappointing, with the exception of Jurc and Miku there was nobody that impressed us here and Miku keeps improving with experience and had a similar season to last season, Strikeforce was also short of goals but they had less to work with... Both of these players worked hard for the team and were both in the running for the Player of the Season... but because of one player having more quality and injuries than the other this season and both were equally productive. It was a difficult decision and it could swung both ways... but Stacey Papaleo has pipped Michu to this seasons July Fourth Player of The Season. Papaleo retains that title.

Off The Pitch Performance
    With no constructions available to build no for 2 seasons with being maxed out, July Fourth had a sound financial performance off the pitch, the club broke through the £1BILLION bracket for the first time and continued to earn its money left,right and centre... they will have a massive amount of money to spend on players next season... We made a profit of £539M and have over a £1.1B in the bank.

July Fourth finished the season with a fanbase of 3,965,729.

Board Meeting
    The club chairman has invested over 800T into the club this season and July Fourth will have over 1,250 Tokens ready for to train our players towards their full potiential. The club chairman is retiring soon and he wants to make his last major investment into the team for next season.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 06-02-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    dv8r and Ljepoje like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

We only needed a draw in our final game to secure the first place but in the end it was a decisive 7-0 victory !!!

That means the Treble is now complete... which makes this the second season in a row we manage to win the league, the cup and the champions league!!!!!!!!!!

A great season ends but we go very confident into the next with a treasure of exactly 123 Tokens... amazing for a non-token buyer! I never had this many, don't even know what to do with all of them )

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Thats what happened to me as well.

Last season. Lost league game BEFORE CL Final, Won Champions League BUT lost the unbeaten league record.
    This season. Won league game BEFORE CL Final, Lost Champions League BUT finished the league unbeaten.
    Rest is a lot important aswell. Player ratings, despite what people say, are more than nust numbers. Expecially within your main 11, you can see when a player is getting tired by the rates he hets. I monitored my 11 all season and there never was a sudden peak in form or sudden fall. Hutton IE had 15 games rating 9 (13mom) then three on 8 where he scored less, then went on 7 for at least 5 matches without scoring. Resting him for 3 matches (2 days) sent him back to 8 rating with some goals, then two 9 with four goals and 3 assists. Same goes for my midfielders as as soon as trnma started going from 8 to 7 then 6 rating, our pressure on pitch suffered too. Each time i got him out, or whoever in the team who was decreasing in scores, suddenly the pressure bar and overall the match got a whole better. To keep an eye on that.
    July Fourth likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Rest is a lot important aswell. Player ratings, despite what people say, are more than nust numbers. Expecially within your main 11, you can see when a player is getting tired by the rates he hets. I monitored my 11 all season and there never was a sudden peak in form or sudden fall. Hutton IE had 15 games rating 9 (13mom) then three on 8 where he scored less, then went on 7 for at least 5 matches without scoring. Resting him for 3 matches (2 days) sent him back to 8 rating with some goals, then two 9 with four goals and 3 assists. Same goes for my midfielders as as soon as trnma started going from 8 to 7 then 6 rating, our pressure on pitch suffered too. Each time i got him out, or whoever in the team who was decreasing in scores, suddenly the pressure bar and overall the match got a whole better. To keep an eye on that.
    Of course rest is important, and I operate a squad rotation on games, when its a dead-rubber or a game I'm clearly going to win, I will rest my most important players so everybody gets a game every so often.

Saturday. Day 28.

LEAGUE: Match 26. LONDON CITY (74.6) v FC JELEZNIK (66.5)

Result: LONDON 4-2 JELEZNIK
    Goals: Yashin 4pen, Zola 19, Robins 51, Criban 83, Damgaard 84, Damgaard 85pen
    M.o.M: Percy Robins

Going into the match lying 2nd on goal difference, we knew that we had to better Alcudia's result, to win the league. Oleg Yashin got us off to a dream start, when he converted a penalty after only 4 minutes. Adam Zola doubled our lead midway through the half when he slotted home after being put through by Marius Olsen. Six minutes into the second period, Percy Robins made space for himself and calmly stroked home our third. The score remained at 3-0 until a crazy last few minutes. When Yonni Criban scored our fourth with just seven minutes on the clock, it looked all over. But straight from the restart, Simon Damgaard pulled one back for the visitors. Within a minute, Jeremiah Whyte was red carded for a foul in the box, and Damgaard added his second from the spot. It was an agonising last few minutes for us, but we hung on. Now it was just a four and a half hour wait for Alcudia to play their final match.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS:
    Danis 3-2 Phetchana, Kukula 4-4 Legends, Yakuza 1-2 Tongfang, Shileno 5-1 Olympiakos, Lalas 1-1 Real, Alcudia 1-0 Minh.

TEAM TALK:

After winning our afternoon game, we had an anxious wait for the very last fixture in our league, between first placed Alcudia and third placed Minh Chi. A win for Alcudia would land them the title. Anything else, and the trophy would be ours. We sat round watching this match and were getting excited as the game reached the 90 minute mark, with the teams locked at 0-0. But our dreams were shattered when Alcudia grabbed a late winner, deep into stoppage time, to deny us top spot. So near, and yet so far.

FINAL TABLE

Season 40-11-final.jpg
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

How They Finished...

All the final days games have been played in our league now and this is how it finished in our L18 league, confirmation of July Fourth winning the league by 19 points and remaining unbeaten. The biggest shock was... Takis failing to qualify for next seasons Champions League.

Raykco, Ljepoje and Chris Rath like this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Of course rest is important, and I operate a squad rotation on games, when its a dead-rubber or a game I'm clearly going to win, I will rest my most important players so everybody gets a game every so often.
    Yes but timing is important. Resting a player in amazing form (several 9 rates or more 9 than 8) might stop his amazing state, as well as letting him play after his scores decrease might let him go on a crysis.

As for tonight, 15 minutes before the whistle:

New Team fled towards their friends Balkan Boyz and is ready to party the recent achievements of both teams! Bakuretsu Storm and FC Nubcleric will follow the game aswell, as to even the away possession stadium's bonus and cheer on both teams! Hopefully none of both teams will reach the beer cargo right behind the showers before the match ...
    Ljepoje and July Fourth like this.