• 2 Post By Der_Ryan_M
  • 1 Post By talisman
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By EastsiderSG

Thread: The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer

I want to share with you a situation I experienced the last 3-4 season, that's why I want to investigate it more
    (as also 've read a relative post of @talisman : " Both opponents had splashed the cash, the League opponent buying 7 scouts on day 1, going from 85% to 103%; the CL opponent buying a complete new 1st XI, going from 88% to 115%" ).

Again this season one opponent I have in League and Cup, day 1 of the season, bought 5 scouts or maybe +3 but the cheap ones, with 39 tokens (my main oppo of previous season bought 11 scouts 115% ,day 1 )

Ok, someone could say that it's his system, to drop quality and buy high q players after the draw.
    But then why he has so pure trophy room ?
    Why he didn't promote previous season ?
    (oppo of previous season finished 8th).
    Why he doesn't have any other old players ? Those 3 in the bench, have no season stats as his scouts.

Could be a bot team ? (oppo of previous season wasn't. He had a normal fb profile).
    But he is the captain of his asso group with 856 points. A Gold 3 group with poor trophies.

One thought I had is that my server (after the general servers maintenance/ merging before 4 seasons) receives managers who are away from the game fore some period (my oppo started playing at 2011) and they activate their team again.
    Those managers maybe have some big stock of tokens and spend them to buy scouts (without bothering much to spend time in auctions or training).
    Maybe they just want to give a last TE roll-dice with what left and then leave forever.
    Don't know.
    Any other ideas or similar experience ?

The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-oppo-adelin.jpg
    Last edited by nikolgiorgos; 06-26-2019 at 03:16 PM.
    Der_Ryan_M, milpol, dsio and 1 others like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Managers who buy scouts every season and have a poor trophy cabinet I know enough of. But they don't manipulate draw... I know one player who buys 11 scouts every 2 seasons and knew another one (I think he stopped playing by now) who bought 11 new scout players every season.
    Yet they didn't win that much and most of the times a place in the middle of the table was their reward for spending around 50$ on the game every month...

I wonder how these players keep their motivation to keep on spending money, buying scouts and not trying other things like dropping quality or if they spend money, buy rests and train younger players..
    dsio and EastsiderSG like this.

To clarify my situation, the League opponent is the first time I've encountered him, he is an active player, he attended match - he has 21 League trophies, 5 Cup, 6 CL and 1 Super Cup, finished 3rd and won Cup last season; and the CL opponent is an very active player and a former in-game friend, he has 17 League trophies, 4 Cup, 3 CL and 2 Super Cup and finished 3rd last season - we have locked horns many times over the last 20 or so seasons, but this is the first time I've seen him act this way - he probably saw me on the League roster and thought that I'm not going to be beaten by him again...
    nikolgiorgos likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I 've never met mine before.
    And he doesn't look active.
    So we had our League game tonight and I was pretty sure that he wouldn't show up (from previous seasons) *
    So I watched the game from another account I have.
    The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-league-adelin-q.jpg

He wasn't there but I had many supporters so I got the 15% bp.
    Won easily
    The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-league-adelin-stats.jpg

His 2 STs scouts played bad, same his GK
    The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-league-adelin-rates.jpg

* I really wonder wth, those managers spent 400-800 tokens and they are not watching such important games
    dsio likes this.

but be careful guys
    Not watching is not always good.
    Today in the Cup game playing vs a much weaker team, wasn't so easy
    (oppo GK had 6 saves )

The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-league-adelin-cup.jpg
    dsio likes this.

I don't get this watch/don't watch thing. I've not seen any difference in whether I win or lose, whether I'm there or not. Having a total of 105 seasons (wit 5 clubs) under my belt, I think I'm experienced enough to read the match to see what changes might be needed to try and influence the result of a match, and i am mostly successful, but do get surprised once in a while...

I didn't bother with either match yesterday as both sides would be full of the 'scout boost' that scouts have in their first 5-6 matches to justify all the tokens and cash you spent on them, before they settle down to their mediocre normality...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

I have 2 opponents this season who bought a few scouts on day 1 as well. I recognise both of them as they are semi active and I have faced them in various competitions over the past 17 months. They log in to watch some of their matches and i think it’s only when they are free not based on importance of match as I have faced both in elimination matches but both never attended. But they attended against much weaker teams on occasion. They manipulate as well but seldom train to max as I joined their association a few times just to have a look at their training percentage. Both have average trophy cabinets which I think isn’t bad cause they put in very little effort. I believe both are free to play players as I have seen them weaker when they run out of tokens. Both are stronger than me at the moment but I will not have to face them till at least quarter finals of cup and CL when I should be stronger if not at least on par with their qualities.

What you guys mentioned is all accurate. They sell then buy on day 1 and they do not win many trophies. But having said that,, i have not seen them buy as many as 7 in one season. One player bought 4 and the other 5 this season which is already above their average

The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-screenshot_2019-06-27-13-33-07-143_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-screenshot_2019-06-27-13-32-55-063_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-screenshot_2019-06-27-13-32-39-505_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-screenshot_2019-06-27-13-32-22-351_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    The myth of the "parachutist" token buyer-screenshot_2019-06-27-13-32-10-188_eu.nordeus.topeleven.android.jpg
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 06-27-2019 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Upload pics
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    I don't get this watch/don't watch thing. I've not seen any difference in whether I win or lose, whether I'm there or not. Having a total of 105 seasons (wit 5 clubs) under my belt, I think I'm experienced enough to read the match to see what changes might be needed to try and influence the result of a match, and i am mostly successful, but do get surprised once in a while...

I didn't bother with either match yesterday as both sides would be full of the 'scout boost' that scouts have in their first 5-6 matches to justify all the tokens and cash you spent on them, before they settle down to their mediocre normality...
    But if you attended, the result might have been different. I sit with the camp that feels attendance makes a difference. I do not believe any developer would make it otherwise. Troll results are making people think it doesnt matter.

On a side note, i had no ideA scouts had an initial boost for the first couple of games as i do not see it. Maybe i only buy scout MCs so cant tell.
    Last edited by EastsiderSG; 06-27-2019 at 06:47 AM.