Thread: tanking the season

Banned

tanking the season

Already, i am thinking of tanking the season, building/training players, and saving up tokens and money for next season.

I promised myself I would never again buy tokens, so I want to go slowly and make sure I play with quality.

Has anyone ever approached the start of the season like this?

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Already, i am thinking of tanking the season, building/training players, and saving up tokens and money for next season.

I promised myself I would never again buy tokens, so I want to go slowly and make sure I play with quality.

Nothing wrong with doing this. Just save tokens since you don't really need to buy players at the start of the season and you can get the end of season bargins. Of course you will still want to do well in the Champions League this season for income and you won't get to play in the Champions League next season.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

The saving tokens thing is something many people do... But you could just throw away the season and concentrate on training your players 100%, this is also something people do... It's something I'm going to do very soon

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Banned
    problem solved. going to do it. thx

Rookie
    screw this game. no more buying tokens. just save it up

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post

Then u should enjoy the game..I ensure you

I've done it once at level 4. Just power trained and never applied the skill points. I just applied 700+ skill points yesterday (start level 6). I had a solid, young team of fairly fast trainers at the time, so it worked ok. Sucked missing champions league though. In a nutshell, you sacrifice one season to gain quality players for the following 2. I might do it again, but ONLY if i can't keep up with player quality otherwise. My recommendation is: don't do it unless you have a solid squad of 18-19 year old fast trainers who are considerably behind the quality curve (e.g. your team is avg quality ~37 or so if you're level 5, where the max quality you can buy is 44)
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Your squad players wont lose a star, you'll probably only get 1 mil from the season finish and you wont level up as a manager and no champions league.

Yes your players remain the same or better Q/*, but you end up missing promotion, prize money, taking part in the CL and all the fun. Also, you could never be sure to "win" everything or ending up with lower Q-opposition after a "season" under the ice.

What if you end up with T-buyers (no matter if were talking about the league, cup or cl) the season after all the training? Its a 50 vs 50 choice
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________