Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Poor auction tactics? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    One thing that I have never seen anyone mention and is the reason why I bid in the last second in the early rounds is that if I see a ton of people bidding, I will drop out because the chances of the high round bidding wars are increasing. If there is only a couple of people bidding, then I place a bid in the last couple of seconds. When it gets to higher rounds I bid early in hopes of discouraging the opponent.
    indeed .. you have a point
    but remember if you bid first, some like you may drop using same logic
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    i usually bid at the last second to save tokens..that way if nobody else bids anymore i dont have to use another token to take another lead..
    just how that will work? i fooled lots of people doing so.. i bid at start till they know my pattern then once they are in lead .. BAAM i bid in last second .. and they lose .. it is the wrong tactic, well unless you want to bid again regardless if you are highest bidder which then make your tactic of bidding as the last one just pointless
    i think you will find it harder the higher level you go up
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

I actually bid before, expecially in 2 cases:

When i have bidded on some player 40 mins before and one tard arrives trying to snatch it when 1 min is left, hoping i'm not online: i absolutely do not bid further and as soon as the poor soul thinks i'm offline he won't add a second token in the elimination round, hence i bid last second and snatch the player for 2 T

Same of above for when we go at 1 or 2 last ppl bidding over someone: you would be surprised of how many peeps forget to bid further on the very next round and my last second bid wins over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    I actually bid before, expecially in 2 cases:

When i have bidded on some player 40 mins before and one tard arrives trying to snatch it when 1 min is left, hoping i'm not online: i absolutely do not bid further and as soon as the poor soul thinks i'm offline he won't add a second token in the elimination round, hence i bid last second and snatch the player for 2 T

Same of above for when we go at 1 or 2 last ppl bidding over someone: you would be surprised of how many peeps forget to bid further on the very next round and my last second bid wins over them.
    spot on .. i always bid first .. meanwhile have to say if a player didn't attract good people to go to round 1 .. he is hardly good .. for type of players i bid on, it is always +2T maximum .. i always bid for 18-19 yo who are 5* or near 5*

another advantage of bidding early is if your team is strong enough and may make you look like token buyer or someone who invest alot, that will scare some too, which overall may reduce the number of people bidding who will pump the price high

Pro
    Im level 5 and seen to morons yesterday that either dont know how the auction works or have way to many tokens. 5* (45) striker called CR, they kept multiple bidding during rounds to be first and it ended up going 33 rounds, could have easily spent 300 tokens between them and any other people bidding

I always think "the earlier the better" for 2 reasons

- Your opposition know your interested and want the player.
    - You're forcing the others to place a bid and are therefore "in control" of the outcome.

Then of course, a shiny emblem and a descent squad scares mostly of the opposition away.
    Tornado88 likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

I agree with the above, I'm an early bidder. Like, within a couple of seconds of every new round.

Show the competition I am not going away, I am willing to spend tokens and with my custom emblem and jersey's bully my way through auctions I will not back down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12