Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nikolgiorgos
  • 1 Post By Arthur Andersen

Thread: Need explanations for Mentality and Team Play bonus of players.

Need explanations for Mentality and Team Play bonus of players.

I'm returning to the game after a year break and there are now some "new" mechanics in the game, that I'm not familiar with.

Firstly: Mentality (arrows) of players on the field. I'm playing a 3-1-2-3-1 and I'm not sure, how the arrows will make a change? Is the main use for the DL/DR to push forward along the sides during attacks? Or what's the main use of the arrows?

Secondly: the TP bonus of individual players. In addition to the 4x10% team bonuses, there's this now too. If I understand correctly, then you gotta train every player in your 11-roster every day for them to keep their individual bonuses now too, right? And you have to train them as a team of min. 8 players together, right? I'm not sure, if I like that or not, cause I trained my main players always individually, depending on what their positions need. For the 40% bonus I instead used 8 1* training slaves on the bench. But now I gotta train the whole team together, giving potentially wrong attributes to my main players?

Thanks for clearing things up for me and have a good start into the new season!

Rookie
    Let me try and answer your questions:

1. As it appears from the description, arrows set the mentality of the player. Constant use of them (or use on every single player on your team) is not mandatory (and moreover is not recommended ). I'd say it should be a cherry on the pie.
    For example, MC with an arrow UP will occasionally play the AMC role and vice versa, MC with an arrow DOWN will play more in the defense as DMC. You've got an idea, right?

Common sense applies. For example, there is no point setting an arrow up for the DL if his crossing skill is low. Also, remember that arrows will tire a player more (as he will effectively play in two positions.

So, if you ask me, I use arrows only occasionally and only for certain positions (and usually for players who have two positions already - DMC/DC; AML/ML; AMR/MR; ST/AMC).

2. Team play bonuses. Yes, now if you would like to have them at 10% you should train your core squad together every day.

Hope this helps.
    FC Elkhorn - Level 12
    Association: Russian Dream Team (#6P73JL)

Achievements:
    9 League
    5 Champions League
    6 Cup
    4 Super Cup
    4 Triple Crowns

Ah ok, thanks for the help. In that case I guess I need to start the training of a new role/ability for my main squad and toggle that on when I do the bad team training for the 10% TP bonus. Then I can toggle it off for all 11 players afterwards again. But man, that makes stuff more tedious than it used to be a year ago.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Arrows do not cause extra condition loss.
    As I understand it, arrows add an attack or defense mentality to a player and my logic says that in games calculations it removes a tiny % from defense to attack (for an up arrow).
    Team bonus was a try from the game to give a small bonus to active teams. It seems it was fail as abandoned teams keep on rolling and trolling.
    I get it anyway because every morning I do a double training of 6.5 % condition loss using the X2 video in my basic squad (16-17 players) so they get the tb also.
    slowisfast likes this.

Rookie
    I wouldn’t do that. Just train them using easy drills (remember to have two of each class) and using a “watch a video” booster.

I’m sure there is a topic on this on the forum that would cover all the details.
    slowisfast likes this.