Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Polotoed

Thread: Questions Concerning Transfers In The 3rd and 4th Week (Dilemmas)

Questions Concerning Transfers In The 3rd and 4th Week (Dilemmas)

How do you go about with the transfer market these days in this period of the season considering the amount of tokens others may have due to past associations rewards, the diffilculty in getting the the right potential candidates to be listed for sale and so on?

It is almost near the end of the 3rd week now but I still see users bidding in the regions of 15-30T for certain players, even for what would seem not so special ones way back in the past.

Say if you know you will need a few new players next season as from the first week itself but you dont have over 80T right now (although you can buy) and also around 500 green packs but taking account you will need a good fraction for boosting other players next season, and you see potential candidates appearing in this period of this season, what would you do? Provide explanations (or justifications) for your answer.

Suppose this player is an 18 y.o DC 89% with Aerial Defender s.a (identified as a decent fast trainer based on wage and initial cost price), with leading bid 21 tokens, would you bid and upto how far will you go?

Suppose you get as daily player a 18 y.o DC 114% with Aerial Defender s.a (79T), would you buy?

The thing is I have doubts because I just came back to the game after a long time of absence and I am in a sort of strong uncertainty concerning some decisions that might be decisive later. There is a risk for such players not to show up again for quit a while, and also that one or two may show up but with crazy bidding wars for them in the first week of the following season.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-05-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Honestly, just don't bid for 5* players at all. People bid themselves into crazy hemispheres all the time, up to the point where it's not worth it very quickly. Try to find some 4* or even 3* (if you got enough greens) fast trainers, which you can get for only 1 token most of the time. That way you can also buy 3-4 of the same position and see who trains the fastest without losing many tokens. There's nothing worse than bidding 30 tokens for a 99% player and notice that he's not training very fast or doing well in matches.
    maloukees and milpol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Polotoed View Post
    Honestly, just don't bid for 5* players at all. People bid themselves into crazy hemispheres all the time, up to the point where it's not worth it very quickly. Try to find some 4* or even 3* (if you got enough greens) fast trainers, which you can get for only 1 token most of the time. That way you can also buy 3-4 of the same position and see who trains the fastest without losing many tokens. There's nothing worse than bidding 30 tokens for a 99% player and notice that he's not training very fast or doing well in matches.
    Well, if I see a player similar to the 89% DC as described above but at say at 78% in the first week of next season, then it is better to get him as he will be 1 year younger but close to same quality as the 89% DC will gain some % during his short time at the club but will lose 20%, but what if such a player do not show up at all in the 1st week or 1-2 show but with relatively high bids on them at the near end of the auction? It is not like old times where only a small amount of users knew about fast trainers and so on, and that there are only 2--3 different levels that can bid for the same players. In other words, competition has significantly increased for even a player in 75-85% range, and there is no guarantee the player will appear in this range itself.

One advantage of having bought the player the previous season is you had opportunities to test him before investing in him but then there is no guarantee he will perform same or better next season. A disadvantage is the significant loss in % quality relative to the level being played which will have to be compensated.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-06-2019 at 12:04 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Addicted
    Well i think your list of play and quit are going to increase in near future

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    How do you go about with the transfer market these days in this period of the season considering the amount of tokens others may have due to past associations rewards, the diffilculty in getting the the right potential candidates to be listed for sale and so on?

It is almost near the end of the 3rd week now but I still see users bidding in the regions of 15-30T for certain players, even for what would seem not so special ones way back in the past.

Say if you know you will need a few new players next season as from the first week itself but you dont have over 80T right now (although you can buy) and also around 500 green packs but taking account you will need a good fraction for boosting other players next season, and you see potential candidates appearing in this period of this season, what would you do? Provide explanations (or justifications) for your answer.

Suppose this player is an 18 y.o DC 89% with Aerial Defender s.a (identified as a decent fast trainer based on wage and initial cost price), with leading bid 21 tokens, would you bid and upto how far will you go?

Suppose you get as daily player a 18 y.o DC 114% with Aerial Defender s.a (79T), would you buy?

The thing is I have doubts because I just came back to the game after a long time of absence and I am in a sort of strong uncertainty concerning some decisions that might be decisive later. There is a risk for such players not to show up again for quit a while, and also that one or two may show up but with crazy bidding wars for them in the first week of the following season.
    At this stage in the season I wouldn't bid 20+ tokens for an 89% player (in my opinion the special ability has no value, they don't make any difference as far as I can tell). That kind of player will turn up again early next season and you'll likely be paying the same kind of prices (people tend to chase the 95%+ players).

I definitely wouldn't spend 79 tokens on a 114% player at this stage in the season.

My advice is to take it slowly and build up your team over the next 3 or 4 seasons, doing your best to buy good young players at sensible prices (below 20 tokens each). It's getting harder to do that all the time, but there is still a sweet spot about 4 or 5 days in to the new season where good young players seem to go for 10-20 tokens.

In addition, keep building up your green packs. I think greens are more important that tokens and having a big collection of greens allows you to spend less tokens on those lower % players and train them up.

Finally, get yourself back in an Association as that's really the only way of getting a decent income of tokens.

You have lost two episodes here @Tactician .
    One was that they finished practically the negotiations.
    The excuse was to end upselling/downselling/creating mutants (but they could do that only with one condition - not permiting selling more than once in a season).
    The other episode you 've lost is that many people who knew it, where using an older version from TE 2017 so could earn 25 more vids per day.
    So with 50 greens per day plus some from blue button of fixing condition plus all the other, you could earn 1800 greens per season.
    With those vids you could buy 3* ft with a single position and make a good team with them.

Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    Well i think your list of play and quit are going to increase in near future
    I already came across many of the negatives in this game in the past; despite all this, I came back as I am willing to try new things and to find out about important things I still don't know about the game but could have made a difference in terms of winning or loosing had I knew about them in the past.

About coming back and then qutting again, if that happens to many serious users due to disatisfaction of the game, then it is Nordeus loss. The last time I quit, I even requested a refund for the last purchase I made in the game. I am here for fun and entertainment and not for significant additional frustration and 'pain in the ass', and I expect that this for many other users too.

So, I am ready to quit again if ever I feel the need to.
    Last edited by Tactician; 09-06-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo_Mansio View Post
    At this stage in the season I wouldn't bid 20+ tokens for an 89% player (in my opinion the special ability has no value, they don't make any difference as far as I can tell). That kind of player will turn up again early next season and you'll likely be paying the same kind of prices (people tend to chase the 95%+ players).

I definitely wouldn't spend 79 tokens on a 114% player at this stage in the season.

My advice is to take it slowly and build up your team over the next 3 or 4 seasons, doing your best to buy good young players at sensible prices (below 20 tokens each). It's getting harder to do that all the time, but there is still a sweet spot about 4 or 5 days in to the new season where good young players seem to go for 10-20 tokens.

In addition, keep building up your green packs. I think greens are more important that tokens and having a big collection of greens allows you to spend less tokens on those lower % players and train them up.

Finally, get yourself back in an Association as that's really the only way of getting a decent income of tokens.
    I already gave a thought about associations and checked potential associations group candidates. In the past, I played both as captain and a member only of an association which I was the founder myself. I just do not feel to go back to associations as I do not want to commit myself to a certain association right now; it will be more like going there mostly for the extra tokens.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    You have lost two episodes here @Tactician .
    One was that they finished practically the negotiations.
    The excuse was to end upselling/downselling/creating mutants (but they could do that only with one condition - not permiting selling more than once in a season).
    The other episode you 've lost is that many people who knew it, where using an older version from TE 2017 so could earn 25 more vids per day.
    So with 50 greens per day plus some from blue button of fixing condition plus all the other, you could earn 1800 greens per season.
    With those vids you could buy 3* ft with a single position and make a good team with them.
    I know about the change for negociations and this for sure has impact on both those users that depended on it and also those that did not but are being affected because of the increased competition for the same players in the auction list.

I did not know about the extra green packs exploit.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)