Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Poor auction tactics? Why?

Poor auction tactics? Why?

I've learned in my short time on here, that no matter when you bid during a round, if someone else bids, you always both qualify for the next round.

Now, why when i bid on a round to lead, does someone else wait until 1 second before bidding? I don't see their point, they might aswell bid straight after I have.

Also, why is it that some people multiple bid during a round?

Apprentice
    Some bid in the last second because 1) They want to qualify as leader for the next round because if nobody else bids anymore they win the auction. 2) They don't understand the auction system
    Some people bid multiples times per round because 1) They don't pay attention to the action 2) They don't understand the auction system

I agree they want to be the lead...but all that will do will enforce them to bid last second in the following round in case their opponent does.

Banned
    Choose one:

1) They want to show you their expertise in waiting until the last second.
    2) They want to test fate and possibly miss out on the next round if they are too late.
    3) They are dicks and dont know or dont care.
    4) They do it on purpose to piss you off. Yes you alone because they know it bugs the **** out of you.
    5) all of the above.

It does not bother me if they bid the last second as you can still out bid them if you have qualified for the next round.
    I change tactics with the person im bidding against, some times i early to show i have plenty of tokens and then bid late.
    I won a defender today bidding late :0)

You can play psycho games at auctions and some people seem to like it.
    Or they did not get the system.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rath View Post
    You can play psycho games at auctions and some people seem to like it.
    Or they did not get the system.
    Psycho!!!!

YES and NO
    YES for why people bid last one thinking they will have an advantage finishing highest bidder .. but how much that works % wise? very little.. person who bid like me at start of every round will not give up, and actually the opposite will be nervous every time he try to bid at last second hoping nothing wrong will happen or he miss bidding .. is me who pile the pressure .. not him
    and NO .. people who bid 2-3 times around or even more are not all of them stupid .. some are just trying to bully you, they are basically telling you "we have lots of token" , now is up to you to discover if they are bluffing or not .. i win once and lost another bid reaching 30th round with a maniac who was bidding 2-3 times at a round .. i fkn hate him .. i beat him once by stop bidding at start of each bid at round 24, just to bid in last second thinking he win surprised by my change of tactics.. so he was so determined to take that player and revenge for last time
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Pro
    One thing that I have never seen anyone mention and is the reason why I bid in the last second in the early rounds is that if I see a ton of people bidding, I will drop out because the chances of the high round bidding wars are increasing. If there is only a couple of people bidding, then I place a bid in the last couple of seconds. When it gets to higher rounds I bid early in hopes of discouraging the opponent.
    shwanko07 likes this.

i usually bid at the last second to save tokens..that way if nobody else bids anymore i dont have to use another token to take another lead..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast