Thread: Help me to Counter 4-2-1-3 (15% Stronger opponent)

Help me to Counter 4-2-1-3 (15% Stronger opponent)

I'll be playing League topper in few hours, my team overall is 102 and his overall is 117%. The worst part is his ST, AMR, AML are in league top 5 scorers. The only weakness I found is his defenders are short and with no special ability, they are fast, I should add.

I usually play 4-3N-3 with fast wingers and strikers. But, looking at opponents defender's skills, speedy stiker Won't help me. I bought a 194cm ST, not incredibility fast but good heading and strengtht. I trained heading and finishing stats to 120%. He has 105% speed. Should I play my tall striker 93% overall or my fast 115% overall STriker, or both?

I'm sure how to setup my formation so that my tall striker is feeded with many crosses.
    I have reas previous threads, many suggested 4-5-1 V, help me to compete for the league title.
    Last edited by Campleo; 03-21-2020 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Campleo View Post
    I'll be playing League topper in few hours, my team overall is 102 and his overall is 117%. The worst part is his ST, AMR, AML are in league top 5 scorers. The only weakness I found is his defenders are short and with no special ability, they are fast, I should add.

I usually play 4-3N-3 with fast wingers and strikers. But, looking at opponents defender's skills, speedy stiker Won't help me. I bought a 194cm ST, not incredibility fast but good heading and strengtht. I trained heading and finishing stats to 120%. He has 105% speed. Should I play my tall striker 93% overall or my fast 115% overall STriker, or both?

I'm sure how to setup my formation so that my tall striker is feeded with many crosses.
    I have reas previous threads, many suggested 4-5-1 V, help me to compete for the league title.
    4-2-1-3 you mean 4-2-3-1? So with 2 MC, AMC, AML, AMR + ST? Play 3W-1-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 V with AMC instead of ST. Defensive, mixed, mixed, counter on, low press should be a good setup to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    4-2-1-3 you mean 4-2-3-1? So with 2 MC, AMC, AML, AMR + ST? Play 3W-1-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 V with AMC instead of ST. Defensive, mixed, mixed, counter on, low press should be a good setup to start with.
    Thanks, maybe I should have posted earlier. I played with custom 4-4-2
    (3DC+DR/Mr)
    (ML+DMC+MC±MR/AMR)
    2 (ST)
    Basically, I Shielded my left and Attacked with right side, it's going well untill 85 min. Then a free-kick killed my hopes. He had 18 shot with 2 on target, on the other hand I had 3 out of 7 on target. His team is far better, I wouldn’t mind drawing, bad luck.
    I have another opponent of same formation tommorow, his team is even stronger players. I'm thinking about using 3W-1-2-3-1. Should I play tall striker or fast one?

Addicted
    There is only 1 counter vs difficult opponents.

Play hard defending with force counter attacks.

Man on Man marking, Tackling style Hard and pray that your opponent is playing attacking or hard attacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Campleo View Post
    Thanks, maybe I should have posted earlier. I played with custom 4-4-2
    (3DC+DR/Mr)
    (ML+DMC+MC±MR/AMR)
    2 (ST)
    Basically, I Shielded my left and Attacked with right side, it's going well untill 85 min. Then a free-kick killed my hopes. He had 18 shot with 2 on target, on the other hand I had 3 out of 7 on target. His team is far better, I wouldn’t mind drawing, bad luck.
    I have another opponent of same formation tommorow, his team is even stronger players. I'm thinking about using 3W-1-2-3-1. Should I play tall striker or fast one?
    It depends if he is playing 4-2-3-1? You didn't confirm it and I didn't understand previously...
    An advice I can give you is to never play the same formation in the first and second leg of cup/CL/association, always change something. The 3W-1-2-3-1 works well against 4-2-3-1 I mostly use it.

Height is only cosmetic, just try to play your best team.

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Singh View Post
    There is only 1 counter vs difficult opponents.
    Play hard defending with force counter attacks.

Man on Man marking, Tackling style Hard and pray that your opponent is playing attacking or hard attacking.
    I'm not used to man marking. Should I have equal number of defenders to their attacker.
    Like 1 or 2CB for 1 ST, DR for AML, Dl for AMR and DMC for AMC and assemble rest of my player to attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    It depends if he is playing 4-2-3-1? You didn't confirm it and I didn't understand previously...
    An advice I can give you is to never play the same formation in the first and second leg of cup/CL/association, always change something. The 3W-1-2-3-1 works well against 4-2-3-1 I mostly use it.

Height is only cosmetic, just try to play your best team.
    Thanks you.

Pro
    To defend against a superior team with better attackers than your defenders, it is a must to go +1 to close down space. ie. 4 defenders vs 3 of a mixture of STs + AML(R)s, and then man-Mark with the same number of DMCs vs opponent’s AMCs. Then at least match midfields or go +1 if needed.

If it ends up as 4-1-4-1, then easy. If you can still put 2 attackers after matching the above, then that 2 attackers should be your best attackers who will exploit the space of opponent’s backline.

Playing 3 attackers vs a far superior quality opponent is like gifting the match away in most cases.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    To defend against a superior team with better attackers than your defenders, it is a must to go +1 to close down space. ie. 4 defenders vs 3 of a mixture of STs + AML(R)s, and then man-Mark with the same number of DMCs vs opponent’s AMCs. Then at least match midfields or go +1 if needed.

If it ends up as 4-1-4-1, then easy. If you can still put 2 attackers after matching the above, then that 2 attackers should be your best attackers who will exploit the space of opponent’s backline.

Playing 3 attackers vs a far superior quality opponent is like gifting the match away in most cases.
    Thanks you so much, you tought me like an experienced teacher. Great Trophy cabinet, I should add