Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jult52

Thread: The Benefits of a Solid Central Defence Partnership

Rookie

The Benefits of a Solid Central Defence Partnership

I’ve had the same central defensive partnership for 3 seasons and when they play together, goals are rarely conceded. When I change the formation, I start leaking goals and conceding penalties. I know other posters have questioned the value of defensive players which is the main reason for my post. Anyone else with a similar view on defenders and playing consistently with the same back 4?

Funny you should ask. I keep the defensive line of my lead unit constant after deciding maybe twenty seasons ago that mixing and matching it was inferior. Posters here on the forum insisted consistency was irrelevant. But I’ve kept the practice up. It’s very difficult to confirm statistically, but I have a sense it benefits me.
    Dek675 likes this.

I rotate my defence with no issues. I always had the impression only white quality matters but some have mentioned better internally programmed players, ratings manipulation and such. Many different factors that may affect performance for any particular match.

I think it is because you have had them partner up for a good number of matches.