Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Personal Trainers (worth it?)

Apprentice

Personal Trainers (worth it?)

Hi. Right I have a question regarding personal trainers. I've used one before on the 8 star trainer but wasn't for many tokens. But I'm thinking of paying 250 tokens on a 28yr old player to gain 20% to 8 star. It's alot of tokens but I really don't wanna have to replace this player until it retires. Just to good of a player. So my question is. Is it worth 250 tokens. Any thoughts?

Rookie
    depends on how much money you are okay with spending to replenish your 250 tokens. The "teach a man to fish" answer is, do a cost-benefit analysis. Look at what other options you have to spend your 250 tokens. Make a few options how to spend it and then select the one you think is best. It could be boosting your 28 year old player 20%, it could be spend in academy to train a new replacement. Without knowing anything about your team, I would only do it if this player is very instrumental to the performance of your team.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleGinger FC View Post
    depends on how much money you are okay with spending to replenish your 250 tokens. The "teach a man to fish" answer is, do a cost-benefit analysis. Look at what other options you have to spend your 250 tokens. Make a few options how to spend it and then select the one you think is best. It could be boosting your 28 year old player 20%, it could be spend in academy to train a new replacement. Without knowing anything about your team, I would only do it if this player is very instrumental to the performance of your team.
    Yeah this players is very important. Very high performance. I don't need to replenish tokens I've got over 3k of them from game offers. I rarely spend them and I don't like spending them. Because I'm never gonna spend money on this game so they are important. I could get a ft trainer but it will cost tokens and greens. Youth player will cost tokens and greens reds blues in academy. No matter what way it will cost. Only thing I'm sure of is I know I already have a world class player who has high performance. I might not get that again. But the player is 28. Its one of those moments where I'm at a crossroads and I think it's important what I do next
    Last edited by Samson1865; 05-17-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Sure it can be worth but 250T is a lot, depending on his skills you could get the 20% for cheaper if you just use greens.

Apprentice
    I don't think I could get anywhere near the 20% to be honest I belive. Might be wrong
    Personal Trainers (worth it?)-screenshot_20210517_180900.jpg
    Plays AMR

Sure with the 1% greys it will be possible.
    However some white skills will almost be impossible to raise, like creativity or passing.... You could train like shuttle runs, set piece, carioca, stop the attacker and so on.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    However some white skills will almost be impossible to raise, like creativity or passing.... You could train like shuttle runs, set piece, carioca, stop the attacker and so on.
    I've done most of that and here's the problem why I'm thinking of using it. Its the creativity and crossing and shooting I wanna raise. I've completely and utterly trained the hell out of this player. 10 season had her. Those 1% ain't been 1% for long either

Apprentice
    I've done most of that and here's the problem why I'm thinking of using it. Its the creativity and crossing and shooting I wanna raise. I've completely and utterly trained the hell out of this player. 10 season had her. Those 1% ain't been 1% for long either. The age is what's holding me back. If was younger then I would train what I could

Quote Originally Posted by Samson1865 View Post
    I've done most of that and here's the problem why I'm thinking of using it. Its the creativity and crossing and shooting I wanna raise. I've completely and utterly trained the hell out of this player. 10 season had her. Those 1% ain't been 1% for long either. The age is what's holding me back. If was younger then I would train what I could
    I see, so shooting should get higher with set piece, so does crossing. Crossing is no problem in general, you can always do defend crosses.
    The only thing is creativity, really tough to raise it on this player. If you lay so much emphasis on the one skill you must use the personal trainer.

Imo the personal trainer is never really worth it. I never used it at least.
    Samson1865 and RaiKo like this.

Apprentice
    I see, so shooting should get higher with set piece, so does crossing. Crossing is no problem in general, you can always do defend crosses.
    The only thing is creativity, really tough to raise it on this player. If you lay so much emphasis on the one skill you must use the personal trainer.

Imo the personal trainer is never really worth it. I never used it at least.
    What u just said (imo the personal trainer is never really worth it). Is exactly like how I feel lol, I just don't see any other way like u said to raise 2 certain skills just to save a player. I'm kinda hoping the time runs out on the special offer so I don't have to think about it anymore, I have noticed they is a 10% creativity bonus as one of the tasks I'f I refer somone for 1st time. Never done that before and I could always hope next season creativity is in special sponser again maybe and I do have a shooting one left from this seasons sponser to
    Der_Ryan_M and RaiKo like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast