Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redsnoopy

Thread: Should Champions League ticket price be slightly more expensive than Cup?

Addicted

Should Champions League ticket price be slightly more expensive than Cup?

As in all things equal, in general (exclude the higher pricing due to semis eg analysis). Any views?

The general formula for ticket pricing is (Manager Level) x 2 as lowest value, +/-1 depending on your results from previous seasons. That is just your basic price. For Cup and CL, you can +1 to the base ticket price once you reach Ro16 and onward. Also, your opponents affect your pricing too. You can +1 if he is a top 3 team in his league OR if he won trophies in the previous season.

So the answer to your question is YES, due to more “successful” opponents you can charge more in CL.
    Last edited by 1D1C1; 06-08-2021 at 11:47 AM.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    As in all things equal, in general (exclude the higher pricing due to semis eg analysis). Any views?
    it's 45% of the max price allowed. this guarantees a full stadium. you'll know you're too high if the stadium isn't full and lose your 5% bonus. 45% is the exact amount. my max is 185$ so i charge 83$. my stadium is full. if i charge 84$ the stadium is only 90% full so don't go over 45%.
    it has nothing to do with UCL or league or cup or semi final etc or even how good your opponent is. not sure where 1D1C1 got that info.
    Level 32

THE LIL FOOKERS

League Titles 25
    Champions Lge 20
    Cup Winners 19
    Super Cups 20

Last 7 seasons 7 quadruples on the trot !

Top Scorer SPEEDYFOOKER 1517 Goals / 780 Games

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    it's 45% of the max price allowed. this guarantees a full stadium. you'll know you're too high if the stadium isn't full and lose your 5% bonus. 45% is the exact amount. my max is 185$ so i charge 83$. my stadium is full. if i charge 84$ the stadium is only 90% full so don't go over 45%.
    it has nothing to do with UCL or league or cup or semi final etc or even how good your opponent is. not sure where 1D1C1 got that info.
    I'm sure your theory has its merits and is likely roughly correct. But for a practical example, my recent Champions League match price was set as 75 before I read your post. I got maximum attendance. I checked that the maximum price that can be set is 155. According to your theory, 45% of this is 69.75.

This is practical proof your theory even if roughly correct, cannot be taken mathematically precise at 45%, else will lose some ticket sales (albeit not much).
    minamino likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by redsnoopy View Post
    I'm sure your theory has its merits and is likely roughly correct. But for a practical example, my recent Champions League match price was set as 75 before I read your post. I got maximum attendance. I checked that the maximum price that can be set is 155. According to your theory, 45% of this is 69.75.

This is practical proof your theory even if roughly correct, cannot be taken mathematically precise at 45%, else will lose some ticket sales (albeit not much).
    i guess there will be slight variances depending on your level so i said 45% because it is guaranteed for all levels to have full stadiums
    Level 32

THE LIL FOOKERS

League Titles 25
    Champions Lge 20
    Cup Winners 19
    Super Cups 20

Last 7 seasons 7 quadruples on the trot !

Top Scorer SPEEDYFOOKER 1517 Goals / 780 Games