Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SuperDunk
  • 1 Post By Guido van den Berg

Thread: What's the point of Youth Academy again?

What's the point of Youth Academy again?

Really, what is the point?

Those players suck big time and they are super slow learners no matter how high you get them in the Academy!
    In 98/100 cases you will get a much better player from the transfer market than from the Youth Academy!

Quote Originally Posted by PohlepniGadovi View Post

Those players suck big time and they are super slow learners no matter how high you get them in the Academy!
    In 98/100 cases you will get a much better player from the transfer market than from the Youth Academy!
    When you don t have time 24/7 to search on the market for 18-19y players.
    Would like for the academy to give out more players.
    Sinany03 likes this.
    I m still around, LOL!

Addicted
    I train 1 player from the youth academy per year. Never buy players from the transfer market. For my starting 11, that is.
    Together with an occasional 144% (or 164%) prize player, this gives me enough quality to keep a team of 120% (start season) to 140% (end season).

So why are people complaining about the training speed of academy players? I don’t see their point.
    PaulG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Guido van den Berg View Post
    I train 1 player from the youth academy per year. Never buy players from the transfer market. For my starting 11, that is.
    Together with an occasional 144% (or 164%) prize player, this gives me enough quality to keep a team of 120% (start season) to 140% (end season).

So why are people complaining about the training speed of academy players? I don’t see their point.
    I suggest if you want to keep attacking players for longer (AML-AMR-ST or AMC) to buy them as 3* 18y on the market, wait one season and try to spend 3000 rest for all 3 of them and manage their white skills as efficient as possible. If you don t know the drills just search Apolo Rock on youtube, but it takes so much time...
    After so many experiments i don t think it s worth spending on any other positions to make their whites as high as possible. Maybe because i don t have time to play friendlies all day to keep up with it.
    I m still around, LOL!

Earn quick and easy money by selling them in the market.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    I suggest if you want to keep attacking players for longer (AML-AMR-ST or AMC) to buy them as 3* 18y on the market, wait one season and try to spend 3000 rest for all 3 of them and manage their white skills as efficient as possible. If you don t know the drills just search Apolo Rock on youtube, but it takes so much time...
    After so many experiments i don t think it s worth spending on any other positions to make their whites as high as possible. Maybe because i don t have time to play friendlies all day to keep up with it.
    There is absolutely no need to spend 3000 greens on a single player. If you would do that for each of your 3 attackers once in their career of, say, 10 seasons, you would need 900 greens per season. You cannot do that without spending real money.

I spend 50 greens per season on each of my starting 11 players. Yes, defenders too and even the goalie. I collect these greens during the season, mainly by watching videos. This keeps the green balance about equal, so it works fine for me.

Yes, my attackers do not have 300% white skills. But they don’t need to. I win trophy after trophy.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by PohlepniGadovi View Post

Oh really ? my 4 youth players each season are my bread and butter and I have won 4 back to back quadruples in the past 4 seasons with all of them playing all 51 games per season. funny old game hey
    Level 32

THE LIL FOOKERS

League Titles 25
    Champions Lge 20
    Cup Winners 19
    Super Cups 20

Last 7 seasons 7 quadruples on the trot !

Top Scorer SPEEDYFOOKER 1517 Goals / 780 Games

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by minamino View Post
    Oh really ? my 4 youth players each season are my bread and butter and I have won 4 back to back quadruples in the past 4 seasons with all of them playing all 51 games per season. funny old game hey
    My 3 youth academy attackers AML, AMR and ST have not really performed to the level I expected, they keep missing big chances in games and struggle to score more than half their chances in many games.

Sure I've won some trophies, important association games and more recently completed the northern tour event with them, but I know it could be better.

My club legend who I got from the transfer market faced tougher opposition in its career and used to convert at least 3/4 of his chances and scored 2/3 freekicks. These youth academy players struggle to score 1/3 freekicks despite having high whites and over 160% quality compared to my club legend who was always between 130-140%

Sent from my M2010J19SG using Tapatalk
    The Best of the Best

Well, only 4 searches are worth nothing if there were 6 or 8 better