Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Kenny Jones
  • 1 Post By Spartan117
  • 1 Post By jarharnamme
  • 1 Post By JohnnyEye

Thread: Do Counter Tactics work anymore?

Rookie

Do Counter Tactics work anymore?

I've been watching lots of matches this season with the new 3D animation and always the team with the higher percentage wins. Tactics are no longer working - the highest percentage team wins. Why is this?
    Nol An, JohnnyEye and DjaniTafra like this.

Pro
    I've seen some upsets I've pulled one off myself but the difference in quality was less than 3% so I'll say we were evenly matched.

I get your point though tactics seem useless these days I can't feel the effects of my tactics in the animation I felt like a spectator in all the games I've played this season.

Nordeus has chosen style over substance and when more managers get past this euphoria of cool 3D animations, they will see the game for what it is... It's already happening!
    Last edited by Spartan117; 03-31-2022 at 09:15 PM.
    JohnnyEye likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Jones View Post
    I've been watching lots of matches this season with the new 3D animation and always the team with the higher percentage wins. Tactics are no longer working - the highest percentage team wins. Why is this?
    I just tied a team 20 better than me. I played defensive and loaded up on defenders

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Making tactical adjustments during the match still does trigger goals from what i noticed and I still see lower quality well trained teams beating higher quality teams with about the same frequency as before the update.

Rookie
    2 of my first 3 league games have been against higher rated opponents (one 18% and the other 3%) and I won, which is normal for me because I have low gray skills.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by royalarsenal View Post
    2 of my first 3 league games have been against higher rated opponents (one 18% and the other 3%) and I won, which is normal for me because I have low gray skills.
    It was normal for me too, until last season. But now I'm starting to think it has changed..

My team has just below 110% overall, but I have well trained players, many of them having white skills over 200% and grey skills at 1%. So far I played only one game where it seemed white skills really played for me - opponent 15% stronger, but without any special training, match tied 2:2, but just bad luck for me, I had 25 shots, he had just 5. But in all other matches where other teams were also around 110% overall, my better white skills didn't have any effect, matches were quite even and I lost most of them.

And in cup I got a team 33% better than me, but also without any special training - when I compare only white skills then I have better players on most positions. I lost both matches, 1:7 overall, shots 9:32, shots on goal 2:21. Absolutely no chance for me, though I had better white skills and the only thing that made that big difference in overall quality were the grey skills...

Apprentice
    Yes, they work. The difference is the animation. The 3D cannot switch back without changing screens. Therefore, you don’t see it. However, Penalty shots are rare in 4 rounds of league games there have been 3.

Quote Originally Posted by texhorn60 View Post
    Yes, they work. The difference is the animation. The 3D cannot switch back without changing screens. Therefore, you don’t see it. However, Penalty shots are rare in 4 rounds of league games there have been 3.
    i like the lesser penalty in new engine.
    anyway if they want to add penalty shootout highlights they better add panenka, bounce on post & went in, moon it over, fail panenka, straight to the keeper and so much more.
    not just the same penalty highlights
    maloukees likes this.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by texhorn60 View Post
    what do you mean by changing screens? getting out of the game ? asking for testing purpose atm feels like playing it like a blind

Banned
    nope, no matter what you try the opposing players will just waltz trough your defense like knife trough butter all the time and your players will just stand there watching and doing nothing while the opposing player scores with ease, might as well play without defenders. There is no such thing as tackling anymore, 2,3,4 players marking opposing attacker without a single tackle, opposing GKs playing like prime Buffon, players missing open goals, stupid animations, etc.
    DjaniTafra likes this.