Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Who plays the game without purchasing tokens, scout players etc?

Rookie

Who plays the game without purchasing tokens, scout players etc?

I've been playing this game for over a month and am doing well without using my own money. It is frustrating that the only teams higher than me in the league are ones with like 15 scout players in them lol.

I don't know how any one can play the game like that as there is no skill involved, no challenge and I think the amount of money you would need to spend to have one of the best teams in top 11 is ludicrus! I don't think anyone should have to spend more than £30? the usual cost of a game, never mind hundereds... Also I am not keen on having to purchase players that come through your youth system, if they come through your youth system then surely they should be yours.

Is there any particular thread for players who don't spend any money???
    FlyingV and cracicot like this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedbickers View Post
    I've been playing this game for over a month and am doing well without using my own money. It is frustrating that the only teams higher than me in the league are ones with like 15 scout players in them lol.

I don't know how any one can play the game like that as there is no skill involved, no challenge and I think the amount of money you would need to spend to have one of the best teams in top 11 is ludicrus! I don't think anyone should have to spend more than £30? the usual cost of a game, never mind hundereds... Also I am not keen on having to purchase players that come through your youth system, if they come through your youth system then surely they should be yours.

Is there any particular thread for players who don't spend any money???
    I don't know about any particular thread for non token buyers my friend BUT - Keep playing without buying Tokens. I let myself get sucked into this half way through my 2cnd season because a friend Had two Token teams in my division and I wanted to have a fair shot at competing with him. This was the wost mistake I could have made with this game for many reasons that I won't go into here. Don't get frusterated by playing the Token teams my friend, just enjoy being a better football manager by building your team slowly and enjoy the occasional major upset on your way to the top !!

Rookie
    Cheers, oooo seems like a fair few people who have purchased tokens wish they hadn't. Why don't you start again without buying tokens mate?

I play 4 accounts. the main account with buying tokens won less Cups than others without scouts or buying tokens

Every game with in-app purchasing I have ever played and visited forums for, I've seen the usual moans about paying players, and players hailing themselves because they don't spend anything. I mean,play it whatever way suits you, why should it bother you what others do? The token players help keep the game online, if Nordeus weren't making anything from the game they'd give up supporting it, it would eventually be pulled. SO be thankful, in a way, to the token buyers, because they are helping to keep your game free

And, yeah, good for you for doing it straight, but big deal eh? It's a management game! Real world managers deal in tonnes of money, they would never have the players they do have without a big budget. The top teams at least. Do you frown upon Real Madrid, because they spend more than other teams?

Anyway, I did the first season without spending, finished 5th. I had worked out training, and was already on the way to upgrading a number of my players. I sold on a good chunk of that original squad and bought in clever. I have bought 4 scouted players, just because I wanted to ... I am killing the other teams in my league 2 - and i'm sure they are thinking "huh, he'd never beat us so easy without those scouts" ... wrong! Even if I put out a squad without those scouts, I can beat the next best team 3-0, and I have done. I bought token players because the market has been awful for me, there are never any decent young players with any decent specialties for me to buy, so I use the scouting to get particular skills. This is more important to me than stars. Some of my original default squad players are as good as the ones I scouted.

I would have been waiting forever for a decent AMC with special abilities, for example. So I scouted one with shadow striker abilities. He's brill, and I'm happy with the purchase. I'm not so worried about this season, more building for the next, where I know it's going to get a lot tougher.

Rookie
    i reached the top without buy any tokens...

Banned
    Actually we run an entire league playing with Tokens only from ingame sponsorship deal. It's called 35T Alternative league. You can check the thread here in the forum
    Fazil likes this.

Apprentice
    But Tokens buyers face the same quality teams specially in CL and Cup.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Gaule View Post
    Every game with in-app purchasing I have ever played and visited forums for, I've seen the usual moans about paying players, and players hailing themselves because they don't spend anything. I mean,play it whatever way suits you, why should it bother you what others do? The token players help keep the game online, if Nordeus weren't making anything from the game they'd give up supporting it, it would eventually be pulled. SO be thankful, in a way, to the token buyers, because they are helping to keep your game free

And, yeah, good for you for doing it straight, but big deal eh? It's a management game! Real world managers deal in tonnes of money, they would never have the players they do have without a big budget. The top teams at least. Do you frown upon Real Madrid, because they spend more than other teams?

Anyway, I did the first season without spending, finished 5th. I had worked out training, and was already on the way to upgrading a number of my players. I sold on a good chunk of that original squad and bought in clever. I have bought 4 scouted players, just because I wanted to ... I am killing the other teams in my league 2 - and i'm sure they are thinking "huh, he'd never beat us so easy without those scouts" ... wrong! Even if I put out a squad without those scouts, I can beat the next best team 3-0, and I have done. I bought token players because the market has been awful for me, there are never any decent young players with any decent specialties for me to buy, so I use the scouting to get particular skills. This is more important to me than stars. Some of my original default squad players are as good as the ones I scouted.

I would have been waiting forever for a decent AMC with special abilities, for example. So I scouted one with shadow striker abilities. He's brill, and I'm happy with the purchase. I'm not so worried about this season, more building for the next, where I know it's going to get a lot tougher.

I bet you support man united or barcelona too, take the nice easy option in life....
    cracicot likes this.

I don't support ANY team bar whoever my money goes on any given week. I'm more a gambler than supporter. See how wrong you are, once again? Don't ever presume.

And it seems you didn't even read my post properly. Just stfu moaning eh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast