Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pangihutan Manik

Thread: Champions League Secured - Play young guys? Sit star players?

Champions League Secured - Play young guys? Sit star players?

Hey guys and gals.

So I have secured a spot in the champions league here in my first league season. I have no losses and 1 draw from my second match. My goal differential is like +31 or something like that. 2 games left in season. 1 more point secures 1st place. So I’m wondering if it’s best to change my playing rotation. I.E. playing more of my young and bench players in the last two games. I figure this will avoid injuries and possible suspensions. For example one of my best players has a yellow card. If he gets a second yellow card in my last game, would he be suspended for the first game of the champions league? Or is they considered a separate game type and the cards reset?

Even with my backups I’d be as good as most of the teams in my league. So the only advantages I think of just keeping going full strength are the skill rewards and possibly if your draw in champions league is based on what position you finish in in league play. But I only need one point in two games. Even with my worst 11 players I would feel pretty confident I could pick up the 1 point necessary to secure 1st place.

Any thoughts from experienced players?

Dreamer
    League, champion, cup are all different stat. You can check with player stat, there are 3 different column. New season new stat, so everything is cleared (except for injuries).

If you are so confident, just give it a try. What else....
    Jahelect likes this.

But there is one thing I'm wondering...

One of my players got a yellow card in a match. And since then, he always has this yellow card symbol.
    What happens, if he gets another yellow card? Will he be banned for the match after or immediately sent to the showers?

Another question when I'm on it:

I saw that reserve players after an exchange don't get an appearance for this match. Why?

Dreamer
    He can not play the next match.

Appearance for the subs only counted under 60 minutes of the match. After 60 minutes, not counted.

That's a useful information, thanks!

What about there moral? I'm used from other manager games that it's bad for the moral of a player, if he's taken out in the first half, and especially being in and later out again. Is that true here as well?

Dreamer
    Yes, it is true...