Thread: Can I still sell him ?

Apprentice

Can I still sell him ?

One of my player's contract is ending at the end of the season and I want to sell him,can I sell him next season or do I've to renew his contract and then sell him ?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubran Afridi View Post
    One of my player's contract is ending at the end of the season and I want to sell him,can I sell him next season or do I've to renew his contract and then sell him ?
    I believe it's the latter (renew then sell) as he would technically be out of contract and free to move elsewhere after 7 days of not renewing.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    I believe it's the latter (renew then sell) as he would technically be out of contract and free to move elsewhere after 7 days of not renewing.
    Oh I see...so do you reckon I try to sell him now or renew his contract and sell him at a lesser price on day 1 of next season with a hope that he'll go for a better price [since usually players on day 1 have lots of bidders ] ?

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubran Afridi View Post
    Oh I see...so do you reckon I try to sell him now or renew his contract and sell him at a lesser price on day 1 of next season with a hope that he'll go for a better price [since usually players on day 1 have lots of bidders ] ?
    From what I have seen from other members posts on this, it may be worthwhile to risk it on 'crazy time' in the new season and take the hit (I have one player who is currently on the negotiations list but no one is quite meeting my selling price. If the current offer I have isn't improved, I will gather as much SP as possible, take the value hit next season and use the SP to regain some value before putting him on the market. Hoping to get him up to Q41 by the beginning of the new season).
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Attempt to sell him and see if it works. it should because in this moment in time he is still technically you player until the end of the season