Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why would I want to train defending attributes in strikers?

Rookie

Why would I want to train defending attributes in strikers?

And vv...why would I want to train attacking attributes in defenders/goalkeepers?

Also, for MCs...are they at best when their attacking and defending attributes are balanced?

you don't need .. like you don't need to tech GK attacking or a striker defending
    yes still other attributes are important but not like main skills
    my mid and ST and GK have no penalty save or penalty takers SA, you know what, i beat 2 teams in penalties and they had both SA GK penalty saving, and penalty taker SA ..
    problem is if you look to their skills they were all balanced so he had 52 in defending total attributes ... mine GK had 65.. and same for my strikers & mid players, the attacking skills were far superior than his penalty takers who had more balanced skills
    Last edited by shwanko07; 05-31-2013 at 01:57 PM.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Banned
    I do believe that defensive attribs in ST would matter in terms of the heading statistic, if you want to apply logic to this game...lol.

That being said, the NGE does not like when you factor logic into this game.

Are you sure your striker doesn't need heading and positioning skill? Or your GK doesn't need passing skill?
    NOW GOT BORED WITH THIS GAME

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    you don't need .. like you don't need to tech GK attacking or a striker defending
    yes still other attributes are important but not like main skills
    my mid and ST and GK have no penalty save or penalty takers SA, you know what, i beat 2 teams in penalties and they had both SA GK penalty saving, and penalty taker SA ..
    problem is if you look to their skills they were all balanced so he had 52 in defending total attributes ... mine GK had 65.. and same for my strikers & mid players, the attacking skills were far superior than his penalty takers who had more balanced skills
    Ok...after reading this I think I'm better off screwing balance then

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I do believe that defensive attribs in ST would matter in terms of the heading statistic, if you want to apply logic to this game...lol.

That being said, the NGE does not like when you factor logic into this game.
    Logic? I don't think this word is in Nordeus' dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Q View Post
    Are you sure your striker doesn't need heading and positioning skill? Or your GK doesn't need passing skill?
    Good point....only if I can train specific details instead of just sending training points to a "defending" category....I'm sure as hell my strikers don't need handling and my goalkeepers don't need finishing (ok maybe if he's Schmeichel)

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Shu View Post
    Good point....only if I can train specific details instead of just sending training points to a "defending" category....I'm sure as hell my strikers don't need handling and my goalkeepers don't need finishing (ok maybe if he's Schmeichel)
    Thats was I hope too, and I sure my GK doesn't need dribbling...
    NOW GOT BORED WITH THIS GAME

Rookie
    Thats was I hope too, and I sure my GK doesn't need dribbling...
    or....does he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1KcXpy_Qsw

I had a CM who was beastly and he had great attacking skills, bad strength skills and even worse defence.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    I had a CM who was beastly and he had great attacking skills, bad strength skills and even worse defence.
    And his name is Riquelme?

heading and positioning are defensive ability .. so no they won't need it
    i have 3 players with header SA, and they only save my a$$ at the back but never scored more goals from corners than others for example .. so i assume no it is not used
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast