Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Raykco
  • 1 Post By Tornado88
  • 1 Post By shwanko07
  • 1 Post By Raykco

Thread: Picking your own opponents for League

Picking your own opponents for League

I have been experimenting over the last 6 seasons, on trying to influence who I will be playing against in the league the next season, with pretty positive results. As some on here have seen, I am usually friends with at least half of the teams in my league (this season it was 9 others). I will be losing half of them now, as they have failed to get promotion.

However, I have about 5 friends who are a level higher than myself, so I regularly go and watch their matches. I have noted down which of their opponents are struggling down the bottom, but are still playing regularly. I then send these managers a friend request, in the hope that I'll be placed in the same league as them next season. If that were to happen, I already know that I have a superior team to them. So far I've picked up 4 of them.
    Tornado88 likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Nice little trick this, might give it a shot.

this season my best one so far , 4 teams fighting for title with little between them and 2 are scout buyers
    i hate to play teams far stronger than me .. but will hate too to play stupids easy league
    I think competition is a nice thing to have if it was fair and gap is not that big
    Raykco likes this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    this season my best one so far , 4 teams fighting for title with little between them and 2 are scout buyers
    i hate to play teams far stronger than me .. but will hate too to play stupids easy league
    I think competition is a nice thing to have if it was fair and gap is not that big
    Totally agree about the competition side of it. I've just lost the league by goal difference, against one of my long standing, in-game friend's. Up until match 25, there were three of us in contention. I would have won the league if I'd only taken more than 1 point from the four matches against the other two.
    shwanko07 likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33