Thread: New player, small squad

New player, small squad

I joined the game a couple of days ago. I had a number of older players who's contracts were about to expire, and (for some silly reason) didn't renew their contract.

Now I find myself starting the new season with only 14 players. Is there any way for me to fill my squad without spending all my money? I've got about $1.5m in the bank, but from looking at the transfer auctions that won't buy me very many players.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Neilmck View Post
    I joined the game a couple of days ago. I had a number of older players who's contracts were about to expire, and (for some silly reason) didn't renew their contract.

Now I find myself starting the new season with only 14 players. Is there any way for me to fill my squad without spending all my money? I've got about $1.5m in the bank, but from looking at the transfer auctions that won't buy me very many players.

Any help would be much appreciated!
    When you are in the transfer list widow, look for players that have (F) alongside their name. That means they are free agaents and will not cost anything. You still bid in the normal way, but if you win the player, no money will be taken from your account. Most of the time, these will be older players, but occassionally you can pick up younger ones.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Thanks for that. Can't see any players like that listed at the minute. Are they quite rare?

Quote Originally Posted by Neilmck View Post
    Thanks for that. Can't see any players like that listed at the minute. Are they quite rare?
    Its just pot luck really. They become free agaents for the reason that you first mentioned, ie: players whose contracts have expired or else their manager has just sacked them.
    LONDON CITY

Sorry. May have misled you. I wrote that they have an (F) alongside their name, it should have been an (F) alongside their VALUE.
    LONDON CITY

Ah! Thanks for that. Does it still cost tokens to buy them, or will those be refunded as well?

it does cost tokens to buy them how many depends on who else is bidding on them
    Season 1
    3rd place in League

You won't pay a transfer fee though, only salary!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2