Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Self indulgent renamed player in your squad.

In my first season I named the best player I had after myself, now he's the weakest in my team, I should really sell myself, but I'm rather attached

I named my star player after a friend on top eleven who convinced me to sign him after we conferred on which player I should sign on a scout list.

I usually rename players from Asian countries (not racist, I just find it hard pronouncing Thai or Vietnamese names etc.)

Seriously considering renaming my star striker to General Admiral Aladeen, but I can't find any countries that sound like, or have a similar flag to the fictional country of Wadiya.
    Raykco likes this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Haha I also named one of my players after myself during my first season (last season) but I've used my african name to be discreet. I made sure he was one of the faster trainers so he wouldn't fall behind too far, but he kinda has. If I get a player who I think will be with the team for a while, I'll usually rename him to be from my country.

I rename every player I get. It's only one token and it's a wee bit of fun. My squad is comprised of all my favourite Celtic players past and present. However, I have never found any players worthy of the names Henrik Larsson and Tommy Burns. Hopefully one day these legends will be added too when I strike gold in the TM

Quote Originally Posted by John Tompkins View Post
    I'm a complete n00b, overpaid for a player, used 10 tokens to get him, and then changed his name to my own.

Lets see how he (I) get on tomorrow :-D

Turns out i scored the winning goal

Self indulgent renamed  player in your squad.-1001622_10200793117125996_980796076_n.jpg
    League Winner - Season 2,4,5,7
    League R/UP - Season 3,6
    Champions League Winner - Season 4,5
    Cup Winner - Season 4,6
    Treble Achieved - Season 4

Currently in Season 8

and then i made 2 assists in the CL match

Self indulgent renamed  player in your squad.-8683_10200793171687360_1649741743_n.jpg
    League Winner - Season 2,4,5,7
    League R/UP - Season 3,6
    Champions League Winner - Season 4,5
    Cup Winner - Season 4,6
    Treble Achieved - Season 4

Currently in Season 8

to the ones who sell player after rename. Thinking about value of 25 token, and se how much 1T went? then recalculate if it worth to rename your player
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

Quote Originally Posted by magic3 View Post
    Once you get to few levels higher, it doesn't seem cool anymore because a lot of people have those names. What I don't see a whole lot are legends. So naming your team based on some players from 80's, 90's is cool. I see Maradona, Pele, etc. but if you go "2nd tier" like Bebeto, Careca, Ceulemans, Scifo, Deschamps, Koeman, Laudrup, Boniek, Milla, Alex McLeish, etc. I don't see those guys
    I renamed two players, the first of which was in the original post and the other is Geoff Hurst, didnt want to name any after my football team but thought it would be fun to change it to Hurst as he did score 3 goals in the WCF back in the year I was born lol.
    Raykco likes this.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

sometimes I rename players too

if I buy a very strong player, and I know I'll keep it in squad for 2-3 years, I give him the name of a real Juventus player
    Last edited by Nicky; 06-09-2013 at 08:28 PM.
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

Just a personal opinion, but I hate to see names of REAL players in the game, just the same as I hate REAL team names. Wish people would use some imagination sometimes.

In my early seasons, I once bought Carlos Tevez from the transfer list. As soon as I signed him, he got his name changed to an anagram of himself. He played as ZAC LE'STROVE
    Last edited by Raykco; 06-09-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    leddy likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

I've renamed countless number of players...

Michu
    Hatsune Miku
    Chuck Norris
    Ivor Hardy
    Randy Knight
    Pepp Crawford
    David Seaman
    Tony Adams
    David Rocastle
    Robbie Savage

And so on....
    *Retired From Top Eleven*